About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Palos Verdes Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills Estates, or Rolling Hills areas, including those residing in the 90274 and 90275 zip code areas. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Palos Verdes aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Belmont Village Assisted Living Communities
- Boys and Girls Club of LA Harbor (BGCLA)
- Cabrillo Marine Aquarium (CMA)
- Friendship Foundation
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center Guild
- Heal the Bay
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy (PVPLC)
- Peace4Kids (P4K’s)
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center
- Rainbow Services
- Richstone Family Center
- Special Olympics of Southern California
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Los Angeles County
- Toberman Neighborhood Center (TNC)
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center Auxiliary
- USC Street Medicine
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Sara Robinson
- President Elect: Susan Rule Sandler
- Secretary: Margaret Trester
- Treasurer: Pauline Matarazzo
- Parliamentarian: Kelly Lekawa
- Vice President Communications: Catherine Grennan
- Vice President Membership: Anita Lewis
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Heather Elkin
- Vice President Philanthropy: Chenoa Meyer
- Vice President Provisionals: Becky Gallo
- Vice President Ticktockers: Marcie Hebert
- Sustainer Liaison: Pamela Anderson
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.