About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Palos Verdes Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills Estates, or Rolling Hills areas, including those residing in the 90274 and 90275 zip code areas. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Palos Verdes aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Disaster Response
- Harbor-UCLA Medical Center Guild
- Kindness Rocks Project
- National Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Operation Gratitude
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center
- South Coast Botanic Garden
- USC Street Medicine
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Margaret Trester
- President Elect: Erica Mangham
- Secretary: Heidi Wynn
- Treasurer: Kristen Jensen
- Parliamentarian: Tina Cho
- Vice President Communications: Mariko Hama
- Vice President Membership: Kimberly Sweers
- Vice President Philanthropy: Barbara Labib
- Vice President Provisionals: Jean Christen
- Vice President Ticktockers: Beth White
- Sustainer Liaison: Michelle Lindgren
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Jennifer Smith
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.