About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Pasadena Area Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in San Gabriel Valley and/or have a daughter who attends school in the greater Pasadena area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Pasadena Area aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- AHEAD With Horses
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Disaster Response
- Foothill Unity Center
- National Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Operation Gratitude
- Reading Partners
Boys & Girls Club of Pasadena
Friends of Foster Children (FOFC)
Kidspace Children’s Museum
Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD)
AHEAD With Horses
Families Forward Learning Center
Union Station Centennial Place
AHEAD With Horses
Pasadena Ronald McDonald House (PRMH)
Union Station Family Center
Union Station Adult Center
Young & Healthy
Cancer Support Community (CSC)
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Paige Hobey
- President Elect: Julie Soma
- Secretary: Susan Miller
- Treasurer: Megan Murphy
- Parliamentarian: Marcella Ulrich
- Vice President Communications: Patricia Anne Jazmines
- Vice President Membership: Martha Figueroa
- Vice President Philanthropy: Juliette Harrhy
- Vice President Provisionals: Heather Unterseher
- Vice President Ticktockers: Jean Gomez
- Sustainer Liaison: Lyn Salembier
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Aliya Coher
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.