About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Peninsula Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in 90274 or 90275. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Peninsula aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Beacon House Association of San Pedro
- Boys & Girls Club LA Harbor (San Pedro & Wilmington)
- Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
- Camp Curtain Call (PVPA)
- Camp Escapades
- Century Villages at Cabrillo
- Community Helpline
- Community’s Child
- Disaster Response
- Freedom 4U
- Harbor Interfaith Services
- Heal the Bay
- Hospital Volunteers-Little Company of Mary Hospital-Torrance & San Pedro
- Hospital Volunteers-Torrance Memorial Hospital Junior Volunteers
- Kids On The Block
- Leaps & Bounds (Momentum Pediatric Therapy Network)
- Little Sisters of the Poor (LSOP)
- MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) Walk
- Manes for Movement
- New Channels
- Operation Gratitude
- Operation Homefront
- Palos Verdes Art Center Summer Art Camp
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy (PVLC)
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District (PVPUSD)/PTA
- Palos Verdes Performing Arts (PVPA formerly Norris)
- Peninsula Education Foundation
- Peninsula Seniors
- Pet Protectors
- Press Friends
- S.H.A.W.L. – Women’s Shelter
- Saints Peter and Paul Poverty Program
- Student Aides – PVPUSD Campuses
- Ten Thousand Villages
- Ticktocker Thrift Shop
- Whiskers & Tails Foundation
- Willenberg School (Student Aides)
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Jenny Litchfield
- President Elect: Christy Hoyne
- Secretary: Dana Conlon
- Treasurer: Cindy McPhee
- Parliamentarian: Susan Bohannon
- Vice President Communications: Lisa Juelle
- Vice President Membership: Amy Roche
- Vice President Philanthropy: Christine Byrne
- Vice President New Members: Jennifer MacDonald
- Vice President Ticktockers: Brooke Sachs
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Ida Gardner
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.