About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Pier Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach or Redondo Beach. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Pier aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
NCL, Inc., Pier Chapter held its 2022-2023 Kick-Off Meeting in August, 2022.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
The membership drive for the June 2023- May 2024 membership period has concluded.
For more information, please contact email@example.com. You can find us on Instagram @nclincpier.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Access Books
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Disaster Response
- Friends of Ballona Wetlands
- I Have a Dream Foundation
- Lovejoy Foundation
- New Challenge Ministries
- Operation Gratitude
- Richstone Family Center
- Special Olympics of Southern California
- Surfrider Foundation
- The Kindness Campaign
- Walk With Sally
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Leslie Capstraw
- President Elect: Mo Vakili
- Secretary: Angelina Chang
- Treasurer: Jennifer Zhang
- Parliamentarian: Kelly Frazier
- Vice President Communications: Marilyn Wee Sit
- Vice President Membership: Elizabeth Hoover
- Vice President Philanthropy: Shwetha Reddy
- Vice President Ticktockers: Renata Guidry
- Sustainer Liaison: Patti Regan-Nelson
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Malia Aita
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.