About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Round Rock Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in the Round Rock area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Round Rock aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
THE NCL EXPERIENCE
NCL, Inc. provides opportunities for mothers, known as “Patronesses,” and daughters, known as “Ticktockers,” to cultivate both mother-daughter and peer relationships through service to others.
THE TICKTOCKER EXPERIENCE
The Ticktocker experience is a small group leadership program that allows each young woman to know the joy of helping others, to learn tolerance and kindness, to build confidence and maturity, and to make friends while sharing and participating in service activities.
THE PATRONESS EXPERIENCE
The Patroness experience allows mothers to work alongside their daughters as they broaden their perspective on the world around them. Patronesses also have the satisfaction of working with other talented women to advance the mission of our Rouond Rock Chapter.
Our Round Rock Chapter of NCL, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation with the mission to foster mother-daughter relationships in a philanthropic organization committed to the following three pillars:
- Community Service: Assessing what philanthropic needs exist in our community and helping to meet those needs whenever possible.
- Leadership: Enhancing potential leadership skills through team building, problem solving, mentoring, and group dynamics.
- Cultural: Creating an environment that nurtures a positive identity by recognizing and appreciating the value of differences in each other and the world.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
To learn more about NCL, Inc. and our Chapter, please join us at one of our NCL, Inc. Prospective Information Meetings:
October 4, 2020 @ 3:00 pm (via Zoom)
October 15, 2020 @ 10:00am (via Zoom)
November 10, 2020 @7:30pm (via Zoom)
ALL PROSPECTIVE MEETINGS will be held via Zoom. Please contact Kris Parker, VP of Membership for more information.
If you know someone in NCL, Inc., talk to her about her experience with NCL, Inc. and her Chapter’s Membership obligations and Membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, Inc., Round Rock Chapter, or are unsure which NCL, Inc. Chapter in the Austin/Central Texas area best fits your location, you are invited to submit a Membership Inquiry Form.
We look forward to meeting you!
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- American Heart Association
- BIG – Brookwood in Georgetown
- Brookdale Senior Living – Honor Byrd
- Brown Santa of Williamson County -Brandy Hafner
- Camp Bluebonnet
- Head Start-Opportunities for Williamson & Burnet Counties
- Hearthstone Health Care Center
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- National Philanthropy Initiative – American Heart Association
- Partners in Education RRISD
- R.O.C.K. Ride on Center for Kids
- Round Rock Arts Council
- Round Rock Serving Center
- Senior Access
- Texas Baptist Children’s Home – Nicole Muirhead
- Texas Humane Heroes
- The Backpack Coalition – Shelley Hause
- The Kindness Campaign
- President: Susan Mills
- President Elect: Stella Mulhollan
- Secretary: Jessica Scruggs
- Treasurer: Mary Bamburg
- Parliamentarian: Monica Milonovich
- Vice President Communications: Amy Heiss
- Vice President Membership: Kristine Parker
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Georgie Arenaz
- Vice President Philanthropy: Carol Peeples
- Vice President Provisionals: Lauren Shingleton
- Vice President Ticktockers: Kelly Condon
The Ticktocker experience is designed to be a small group leadership program that provides opportunities for each developing young women to know the joy of helping others, to learn tolerance and kindness, to mature and build confidence and to make friends while sharing and participating in these activities in a safe and comfortable, age appropriate environment.
NCL, Inc., creates an environment that nurtures positive identity by recognizing and appreciating the value of differences in each other and the world. Exposure to culturally diverse peoples and events broadens perspective, promotes awareness and teaches cultural sensitivity.
Additionally, some time-honored NCL, Inc., traditions included in the six-year curriculum are cultural activities designed to teach members appropriate etiquette, graciousness, self-assuredness in social settings, development of personal and community connections, good manners and respect for others.
Grade Level Cultural Event Focuses:
7th Grade: Performing Arts
8th Grade: Museums
9th Grade: Visual Arts
10th Grade: Multicultural Cuisine
11th Grade: Architecture or Gardens
12th Grade: Class Choice