About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., San Bernardino Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in San Bernardino County. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Bernardino aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The NCL, Inc. story began in 1925 when a small group of women founded the organization in Los Angeles. They supported the American Red Cross by making layettes and assembling food baskets. The women engaged their daughters’ support, and by 1938, the daughters formed their own group.
In 1947, both groups united to become the nation’s first mother-daughter philanthropic organization, calling itself “National Charity League.”
NCL expanded its program beyond philanthropic work to include leadership and cultural experiences. In 1958, National Charity League was reorganized and incorporated as two separate organizations: National Charity League, Inc. and National Charity League, Los Angeles Founder Chapter.
NCL, Inc., San Bernardino Chapter is a group of California mothers and daughters in San Bernardino County who have come together committing to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Bernardino aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving their communities together. We are the 6th NCL, Inc. Chapter to form in the United States.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Interested in joining our chapter? We are looking for young ladies who will be in 7th – 9th grade for the 2023-2024 school year.
Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in our San Bernardino Chapter, you are invited to email our VP Membership at SBNCL.VPMembership@gmail.com. to get more information.
Membership will have an open application period from March 8th- March 29th, 2023.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Cancer Society – Inland Empire
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association – Inland Empire
- American Red Cross
- Angels’ Closet Charities in Redlands
- Assistance League of San Bernardino
- Boy & Girls Club – Inland Empire
- Burrage Mansion – Redlands
- California Theatre – San Bernardino
- Center for Individual Development (CID) – San Bernardino
- Child Help – Beaumont
- Childhood Cancer Foundation – Loma Linda
- Children’s Fund – San Bernardino
- Community Kindness
- Disaster Response
- Girl Love Mail
- Home of Neighborly Services – San Bernardino
- Hospitals – Inland Empire
- Inland Empire Ronald McDonald House
- Junior University Musical Theatre – San Bernardino
- Loma Linda Possabilities
- Make-A-Wish Foundation – Inland Empire
- Mansion Memories
- Mary’s Table- San Bernardino
- Military Organizations
- Operation Gratitude
- Redlands Bowl
- Redlands Family Services
- Redlands School District
- San Bernardino School District
- Santa Claus, Inc. – San Bernardino
- Stater Bros. Believe Walk – Redlands
- Susan G. Komen
- Yucaipa School District
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
Our Philanthropy Partners:
American Cancer Society
American Heart Association
American Red Cross
Assistance League of San Bernardino
Boys and Girls Club
Believe Walk (Stater Bros Charities)
Believe Walk (face painting only-Sunday)
Child Help- Beaumont
Childhood Cancer Foundation of Southern California
Girls Love Mail
Home of Neighborly Services of San Bernardino
Hospitals of Inland Empire
Inland Empire Ronald McDonald House
Libraries of Inland Empire
Loma Linda Possibilities
Santa Claus Inc (warehouse)
Friends of Santa Claus Inc (Christmas Tree Lane Gala)
Susan G Komen
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Kimberly Rock
- President Elect: Peterann Kay
- Secretary: Shauna Naime
- Treasurer: Keri Gomez
- Parliamentarian: Kristen Barbee
- Vice President Communications: Kellee Baker
- Vice President Membership: Joy Ramirez
- Vice President Philanthropy: Laura Perez
- Vice President Provisionals: Jessica Pangelinan
- Vice President Ticktockers: Monique Guerrero
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Michelle Mainez
Fostering the mother-daughter relationship through an ongoing commitment to philanthropy, culture and leadership.
Connecting hearts, hands, and minds so that every community thrives
- Strengthening the mother-daughter bond
- Empowering women with the skills and confidence to mentor and lead
- Inspiring a legacy of social awareness and compassion
- Providing depth of support in local communities
- Honoring a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Modeling integrity, graciousness and excellence
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives. We celebrate our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
San Bernardino Chapter is proud to have received the Blue Rose Award during the 2020-2021 Chapter Recognition Program.