About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., San Bernardino Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in San Bernardino County. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Bernardino aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The NCL, Inc. story began in 1925 when a small group of women founded the organization in Los Angeles. They supported the American Red Cross by making layettes and assembling food baskets. The women engaged their daughters’ support, and by 1938, the daughters formed their own group.
In 1947, both groups united to become the nation’s first mother-daughter philanthropic organization, calling itself “National Charity League.”
NCL expanded its program beyond philanthropic work to include leadership and cultural experiences. In 1958, National Charity League was reorganized and incorporated as two separate organizations: National Charity League, Inc. and National Charity League, Los Angeles Founder Chapter.
NCL, Inc., San Bernardino Chapter is a group of California mothers and daughters in San Bernardino County who have come together committing to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Bernardino aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving their communities together. We are the 6th NCL, Inc. Chapter to form in the United States.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Interested in joining our chapter? We are looking for young ladies who will be in 7th – 9th grade for the 2022-2023 school year.
A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter.
Membership opportunities and dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in our San Bernardino Chapter, you are invited to email our VP Membership at SBNCL.VPMembership@gmail.com.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Cancer Society – Inland Empire
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association – Inland Empire
- American Red Cross
- Angels’ Closet Charities in Redlands
- Assistance League of San Bernardino
- Boy & Girls Club – Inland Empire
- Burrage Mansion – Redlands
- California Theatre – San Bernardino
- Center for Individual Development (CID) – San Bernardino
- Child Help – Beaumont
- Childhood Cancer Foundation – Loma Linda
- Children’s Fund – San Bernardino
- Community Kindness
- Disaster Response
- Girl Love Mail
- Home of Neighborly Services – San Bernardino
- Hospitals – Inland Empire
- Inland Empire Ronald McDonald House
- Junior University Musical Theatre – San Bernardino
- Loma Linda Possabilities
- Make-A-Wish Foundation – Inland Empire
- Mansion Memories
- Mary’s Table- San Bernardino
- Military Organizations
- National Day of Service – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Operation Gratitude
- Redlands Bowl
- Redlands Family Services
- Redlands School District
- San Bernardino School District
- Santa Claus, Inc. – San Bernardino
- Stater Bros. Believe Walk – Redlands
- Susan G. Komen
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
Our Philanthropy Partners:
American Cancer Society
American Heart Association
American Red Cross
Assistance League of San Bernardino
Boys and Girls Club
Believe Walk (Stater Bros Charities)
Believe Walk (face painting only-Sunday)
Child Help- Beaumont
Childhood Cancer Foundation of Southern California
Girls Love Mail
Home of Neighborly Services of San Bernardino
Hospitals of Inland Empire
Inland Empire Ronald McDonald House
Libraries of Inland Empire
Loma Linda Possibilities
Santa Claus Inc (warehouse)
Friends of Santa Claus Inc (Christmas Tree Lane Gala)
Susan G Komen
- President: Kellee Baker
- President Elect: Kim Rock
- Secretary: Mary Bond
- Treasurer: Heather Mead
- Parliamentarian: Heather Fujiwara
- Vice President Communications: Michelle Mainez
- Vice President Membership: Amalia Hernandez
- Vice President Philanthropy: Shauna Naime
- Vice President Provisionals: Jessica Pangelinan
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Jennie Dyerly
Fostering the mother-daughter relationship through an ongoing commitment to philanthropy, culture and leadership.
Connecting hearts, hands, and minds so that every community thrives
- Strengthening the mother-daughter bond
- Empowering women with the skills and confidence to mentor and lead
- Inspiring a legacy of social awareness and compassion
- Providing depth of support in local communities
- Honoring a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Modeling integrity, graciousness and excellence
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives. We celebrate our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
San Bernardino Chapter is proud to have received the Blue Rose Award during the 2020-2021 Chapter Recognition Program.