About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Sand Hill Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in Menlo Park, Palo Alto or Atherton. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Sand Hill aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Follow us on Instagram at #nclincsandhill!
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Hugs for Soldiers
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- Animal Assisted Happiness
- Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula (BGCP)
- Ecumenical Hunger Program
- Lytton Gardens
- National Center for Equine Facilitated Therapy
- One Life Counseling
- Open Space
- Operation Gratitude
- Peninsula Bridge
- Peninsula Volunteers Meals on Wheels
- Racing Hearts
- Ravenswood Education Foundation
- Rise Against Hunger
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- St Francis Centre
- Sunday Friends
- Surfrider Foundation
- The Birthday Party Project
- The Kindness Campaign
- The Park Champions Progam
- There With Care
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Village Harvest
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Linette Boudreaux
- Secretary: Ranjini Malavalli
- Treasurer: Alice Akahoshi
- Parliamentarian: Elaine Jones
- Vice President Communications: Robbie Fang
- Vice President Membership: Courtney Marsh
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Maria Vegas
- Vice President Philanthropy: Jennifer Talwar
- Vice President Provisionals: Laura Krane
- Vice President Ticktockers: Anjana Pursnani
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.