About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., San Diego Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the San Diego area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Diego aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The San Diego Chapter was NCL’s first chapter to charter in San Diego in 1971. We currently have nearly 300 mother-daughter members in grades 7 through 12 who perform more than 12,600 hours of hands-on volunteer service for 28 charities and non-profit organizations in the San Diego community each year. By some estimates this equates to over $290,000 of volunteer time. Through this work, NCL, Inc., San Diego Chapter develops socially responsible community leaders who have a positive impact on the communities in which they live.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
The NCL experience is designed to take place largely within 6 grade level classes. Because it is designed as a small group program, class size is a critical factor to ensure a successful program. For Membership eligibility in our Chapter, the Prospective Ticktocker (daughter) must be in grade 7 the September following admission. Openings in all classes above 7th grade are at the discretion of the Chapter Board and are based on a predetermined class size range.
Applications for Membership are accepted only during the Annual Membership Drive, which runs from November to January of the Prospective Ticktocker’s 6th grade year.
A Prospective Member shall be sponsored by an Active Member and co-sponsored by an Active, Provisional, or Sustainer Patroness Member in Good Standing in the Chapter.
A Prospective Member shall only apply to one Chapter.
The Board of Directors, upon the recommendation of the Membership Committee, shall make the final selections into Membership.
A Member of the Membership Committee will contact you during our Annual Membership Drive. Please understand that there is neither guarantee nor obligation of Membership when a Committee Member contacts you.
If you meet these Membership requirements, plan on attending one (1) of the two (2) Prospective Member Information Meetings. Upon receipt of your Membership Inquiry Form, we will notify you of these meeting dates. Either your Sponsor or Co-Sponsor must attend with you, and RSVP for both of you.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Bannister Family House
- Boys and Girls Club
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- District 6 Military Project
- Father Joe’s Villages -10th Grade Focus
- I Love a Clean San Diego – 7th Grade Focus
- Jewish Family Services
- La Jolla Historical Society
- La Jolla Playhouse
- Las Patronas
- Meals on Wheels – All Grade Level Focus
- National Philanthropy Initiative – American Heart Association
- Nazareth House-9th Grade Focus
- Operation Homefront-All Grade Level Focus
- Produce Good
- Promises 2 Kids
- Rady Children’s Hospital
- Ronald McDonald House – 11th Grade Focus
- San Diego Food Bank-8th Grade Focus
- San Diego Humane Society
- San Diego Parks & Recreation
- San Diego Public Library
- Serving Seniors-12th Grade Focus
- St. Germaine Children’s Charity
- Susan G. Komen San Diego
- The Cat Lounge Rescue & Adoption Center
- The Cove at La Jolla
- The Kindness Campaign
- The New Children’s Museum
- The Old Globe Theatres
- The Princess Project
- President: Heather Ravenscroft
- President Elect: Jennifer Kelly
- Secretary: Tina Pickett
- Treasurer: Neda Mesri
- Parliamentarian: Wendy Abramson
- Vice President Communications: Dawn Villela
- Vice President Membership: Roni Lincoln
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Beth Wilensky
- Vice President Philanthropy: Claudia Casta-Pecora
- Vice President Provisionals: Karlyn Cole
- Vice President Ticktockers: Lisette Farrell
Vice President Standards and Hours:
Immediate Past President:
Our Chapter also emphasizes cultural experiences through philanthropy by offering the following opportunities:
Ushering at the award-winning Old Globe Theater in Balboa Park, San Diego
Ushering at the award-winning La Jolla Playhouse
Volunteering at The New Children’s Museum in San Diego
Volunteering with the La Jolla Historical Society