About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., San Diego Del Norte Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the San Diego area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Diego Del Norte aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Please Join Us For a Prospective Member Informational Meeting On December 8, 2022!
Click HERE to download this flier
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Blind Community Center of San Diego (8th, 9th & 11th Grade Focus)
- Bridge of Hope (7th & 9th, 11th & 12th )
- Casa Aldea (8th grade focus)
- Disaster Response
- Father Joe’s Villages (7th & 10th Grade Focus)
- Glenner Alzheimer’s Family Centers, Inc. (7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th Grade Focus)
- Helen Bernardy Center for Medically Fragile Children (8th Grade Focus)
- Helen Woodward Animal Center (9th Grade Focus)
- I Love A Clean San Diego (7th Grade Focus)
- Jewish Family Services (9th Grade Focus)
- Just in Time for Foster Youth
- MCAS Camp Pendleton (11th Grade Focus)(Baby Shower)
- Meals On Wheels (10th Grade Focus)
- Mended Little Hearts
- Miracle League of San Diego (8th Grade Focus)
- Nature Collective (San Elijo Lagoon)
- Naval Medical Center
- Old Globe Theatre (12th Grade Focus)
- Operation Gratitude
- Paradise Dreams Sanctuary
- Rancho Coastal Humane Society Sort Room (7th Grade Focus)
- Rancho Santa Fe Senior Center (10th Grade Focus)
- San Diego County Library – RSF (11th Grade Focus)
- San Diego Master Chorale
- San Diego Refugee Tutoring
- San Pasqual Academy (9th Grade Focus)
- Scripps Health Foundation (10th Grade Focus)
- Social Service League of La Jolla (12th Grade Focus)
- Standards Committee Approved-Transfer Hours from Another Chapter
- The Kindness Campaign
- United Cerebral Palsy (8th Grade Focus)
- Voices for Children
- WE CAN FOOD DRIVE
- Words Alive!
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Jenny Erikson
- Secretary: Sarah Epstein
- Treasurer: Patricia O’Shaughnessy
- Parliamentarian: Kristin Millar
- Vice President Communications: Taylor Hu
- Vice President Membership: Brandi Nishnick
- Vice President Philanthropy: Barbara Mullen
Ruth Carolina Whitby
- Vice President Ticktockers: Jontue Koff
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Erin Hawk
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
NCL San Diego del Norte in the News!
See what we are up to! Instagram @ncl_sandiegodelnorte and @ncl_sddn