About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., San Diego Del Norte Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the San Diego area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Diego Del Norte aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Please Join Us For a Prospective Member Informational Meeting On December 2nd!
Click HERE to download this flier
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association (National Philanthropy Initiative)
- Blind Community Center of San Diego (8th, 9th & 11th Grade Focus)
- Bridge of Hope (7th & 9th, 11th & 12th )
- Casa Aldea (8th grade focus)
- Family Recovery Center
- Father Joe’s Villages (7th & 10th Grade Focus)
- Glenner Alzheimer’s Family Centers, Inc. (7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th Grade Focus)
- Hand Up Youth Food Pantry (9th Grade Focus)
- Helen Bernardy Center for Medically Fragile Children (8th Grade Focus)
- Helen Woodward Animal Center (9th Grade Focus)
- I Love A Clean San Diego (7th Grade Focus)
- MCAS Camp Pendleton (11th Grade Focus)(Baby Shower)
- Meals On Wheels (10th Grade Focus)
- Mended Little Hearts
- Miracle League of San Diego (8th Grade Focus)
- Nature Collective (San Elijo Lagoon)
- Naval Medical Center
- NCL, Inc. Virtual Events
- Old Globe Theatre (12th Grade Focus)
- Pedal The Cause (10th Grade Focus)
- Rancho Coastal Humane Society Sort Room (7th Grade Focus)
- Rancho Santa Fe Senior Center (10th Grade Focus)
- San Diego Public Libraries (11th Grade Focus)
- San Pasqual Academy (9th Grade Focus)
- Scripps Health Foundation (10th Grade Focus)
- Social Service League of La Jolla (12th Grade Focus)
- The Kindness Campaign
- United Cerebral Palsy (8th Grade Focus)
- Voices for Children
- WE CAN FOOD DRIVE
- Words Alive!
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Margaret Griffitts
- President Elect: Stephanie Kourie
- Secretary: Beth Taich
- Treasurer: Frederica Yang
- Parliamentarian: Victoria Kudirka
- Vice President Communications: Taylor Hu
- Vice President Membership: Lisa Morera
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Kim McQuaid
- Vice President Philanthropy: Dana Trujillo
- Vice President Provisionals: Monica Burnett
- Vice President Ticktockers: Kate Zimmer
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.
NCL San Diego del Norte in the News!
See what we are up to! Instagram @ncl_sandiegodelnorte and @ncl_sddn