About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., San Fernando Valley Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Fernando Valley aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
For 50 years, the San Fernando Valley chapter has held an annual charity ball. In November, our members and their guests gather at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel for an elegant evening featuring the presentation of our debutantes. This event is not only an opportunity to create life long memories for our debutantes, but as our only fundraiser, it raises an average of $100,000 for to the philanthropies we support.
Our donations have included:
Guide Dogs of America
- Renovation of their recovery room
- Kitchen equipment and a retractable roof for graduation refreshment area
- Tactile maps at their two training locations
- Ultrasound equipment for their nursery
- Renovation of their facility, including Sam’s Cafe bathrooms and window coverings
- Funding of vehicle transportation for client excursions
- Installation of handicapped accessible sliding doors
- Adult daycare scholarships
- Funding for in-home bathing and chore assistance program
- Funding for the Caregiver Assistance Program
- Funding for food and homeless programs
- Supplies for annual school backpack drive
- Support of Annual Toy Drive
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
The membership timeline for the San Fernando Valley Chapter begins October 1st and concludes January 15th. Typically, we accept applications for incoming 7th, 8th and 9th grades. We will host a prospective member meeting where you will have the opportunity to learn about our three pillars: philanthropy, leadership and cultural experiences. We will also invite you to meet with your sponsor to gain a better perspective of the NCL experience.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- American Cancer Society Discovery Shop Sherman Oaks
- American Cancer Society Discovery Shop Northridge
- Guide Dogs of America
- Motion Picture & Television Fund
- My Stuff Bags
- New Horizons
- Operation Gratitude
- Special Olympics Tri Valley
- West Valley Boys & Girls Club
- West Valley Food Pantry
This past year, the San Fernando Valley Chapter celebrated many philanthropic achievements and milestones. We concluded the year with over 12,000 volunteer service hours — the most ever in our Chapter’s history. Close to 10,000 of those service hours were performed by mothers and daughters volunteering together.
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Tiffany Takac
- President Elect: Julie Nadler
- Secretary: Kristina Freeman
- Treasurer: Kristi Bala
- Parliamentarian: Leila Barth
- Vice President Communications: Annica Lin
- Vice President Membership: Lori Granato
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Lori Shroyer
- Vice President Philanthropy: Joanne Norris
- Vice President Provisionals: Tracy Steinhauer
- Vice President Ticktockers: Gina Jacobellis
- Sustainer Liaison: Tracy Norton
Some leadership opportunities of the San Fernando Valley Chapter include:
- All Ticktocker Training Day
- Ball Brunch
- Charity Ball
- Father-Daughter Dinner
- Modelette Program
- Mother-Daughter Tea
- Promenade Tea
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.
Activities of the San Fernando Valley Chapter include:
- 7th Grade: Attend a ballet or dance performance
- 8th Grade: Visit a museum or art gallery
- 9th Grade: Attend an orchestral or music performance
- 10th Grade: Attend a play
- 11th Grade: Visit a college campus
- 12th Grade: Attend the charity ball
Get to Know Us on Social Media
Check us out on: