About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., San Francisco Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the San Francisco area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Francisco aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The San Francisco Chapter of the National Charity League, Inc. was chartered in December of 2004. As the first “urban” chapter in the NCL, Inc. family, the San Francisco Chapter has had a huge impact on the mission statement and direction of NCL, making it less of a “social” and more of a philanthropic entity over the years. We are committed to hands-on philanthropic engagement within our community.
San Francisco Chapter Mission Statement
To foster mother-daughter relationships in a philanthropic organization committed to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
- Sustainers are graduated members in good standing.
- Membership is open to young women in rising grades 7 – 12 and their mothers.
- Applications for new members (moms and daughters) are due at the end of January to join NCL late spring of that year. The expectation is that membership continues through senior year of high-school.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- AIDSWalk San Francisco
- American Heart Association
- Brady Riding – Horses in California, Inc.
- Edgewood Center for Children and Families
- Family House
- FOG Readers
- GGNRA Teens on Trails
- Golden Gate Lab Rescue
- Habitat for Humanity San Francisco
- Hamilton Family Center
- Holy Family Day Home
- Homeless PreNatal Program
- Meals on Wheels San Francisco
- Presidio Native Plant Nursery
- Princess Project
- Randall Museum
- Raphael House
- Richmond Neighborhood Center
- SF Fire Dept. Toy Drive
- SF Food Bank
- St. Anne’s Home
- St. Anthony’s Foundation
- Surfrider Foundation
The San Francisco Chapter of NCL excels in providing a wide variety of philanthropic opportunities to our members. Our philanthropy partners include opportunities in the following categories: service for the homeless, the hungry, children with disabilities, the elderly, women and family services, the environment, and healthcare.
- President: Jennifer Provine
- President Elect: Tanya Miller
- Secretary: KathyWoeber Gardner
- Treasurer: Kristin Stans
- Parliamentarian: Deborah Veatch
- Vice President Communications: Kathleen Darling
- Vice President Membership: Renee Phipps
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Nicole Barker
- Vice President Philanthropy: Maria Ralph
- Vice President Provisionals: Katy Brown
- Vice President Ticktockers: Cristina Gutterman
- Sustainer Liaison: Frances Devlin
San Francisco Chapter during COVID-19
Our chapter is operating virtually and volunteering remotely or in outdoor, socially distanced activities during the COVID-19 crisis. Examples of our current efforts include:
- Beach clean-up
- Richmond Neighborhood Center – Food Pantry Pop Up and Meal delivery
- Brady Riding – Assisting with the animals and barn
- The Edgewood Center for Children and Families – donating school supplies
- Operation Gratitude – letter writing to service members
- Homeless Prenatal Program – assembling art kits for kids
. . . and many more!