About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., San Francisco Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the San Francisco area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Francisco aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The San Francisco Chapter of the National Charity League, Inc. was chartered in December of 2004. As the first “urban” chapter in the NCL, Inc. family, the San Francisco Chapter has had a huge impact on the mission statement and direction of NCL, making it less of a “social” and more of a philanthropic entity over the years. We are committed to hands-on philanthropic engagement within our community.
San Francisco Chapter Mission Statement
To foster mother-daughter relationships in a philanthropic organization committed to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
We are excited to announce the 2022 Membership Drive Timeline:
- November 1st, 2021: Membership Drive kickoff announced to chapter; request for legacy names
- November 25, 2021: Sponsorship Packets Available, Sponsorship Information Meeting date to be determined
- November 30, 2021: Legacy Interest Forms due
- November 30th, 2021: Informational Sponsorship Meeting 7:30-8:00pm via Zoom for anyone interested in sponsoring a Prospective Member. See NCL calender to RSVP and get Zoom link information.
- January 10, 2022: Sponsor / Co Sponsor Intent to Sponsor Forms due
- February 1, 2022: Prospective Member Meeting (Exact day to be verified with Century Club and GG Chapter)
- February 8, 2022: Prospective Member Applications Due
- March 1, 2022: New members announced
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- AIDSWalk San Francisco
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- Brady Riding – Horses in California, Inc.
- Children’s Book Project
- Edgewood Center for Children and Families
- Family House
- GGNRA Teens on Trails
- Golden Gate Lab Rescue
- Habitat for Humanity San Francisco
- Hamilton Family Center
- Holy Family Day Home
- Homeless PreNatal Program
- Meals on Wheels San Francisco
- Pomeroy Recreation and Rehabilitation Center
- Presidio Native Plant Nursery
- Randall Museum
- Raphael House
- Refuse Refuse
- Richmond Neighborhood Center
- SF Fire Dept. Toy Drive
- SF Food Bank
- St. Anne’s Home
- St. Anthony’s Foundation
- Surfrider Foundation
- The Kindness Campaign
- There With Care
- The San Francisco Chapter of NCL excels in providing a wide variety of philanthropic opportunities to our members. Our philanthropy partners include opportunities in the following categories: service for the homeless, the hungry, children with disabilities, the elderly, women and family services, the environment, and healthcare.
- President: Tanya Miller
- President Elect: Kathleen Darling
- Secretary: Maira Hallinan
- Treasurer: Kristin Stans
- Parliamentarian: Kerry Dolan
- Vice President Communications: Katherine Hagan
- Vice President Membership: Marissa Brandon
- Vice President Philanthropy: Stacy Perry
Mai Mai Wythes
- Vice President Provisionals: Donna Armstrong
- Vice President Ticktockers: Anne Berger
- Sustainer Liaison: Jill Maisto
We recently had an all-chapter meeting discussing our values. Here is what is important to our members!
San Francisco Chapter during COVID-19
Our chapter is operating virtually and volunteering remotely or in outdoor, socially distanced activities during the COVID-19 crisis. Examples of our current efforts include:
- Beach clean-up
- Richmond Neighborhood Center – Food Pantry Pop Up and Meal delivery
- Brady Riding – Assisting with the animals and barn
- The Edgewood Center for Children and Families – donating school supplies
- Operation Gratitude – letter writing to service members
- Homeless Prenatal Program – assembling art kits for kids
. . . and many more!