About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., San Francisco Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the San Francisco area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Francisco aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The San Francisco Chapter of the National Charity League, Inc. was chartered in December of 2004. As the first “urban” chapter in the NCL, Inc. family, the San Francisco Chapter has had a huge impact on the mission statement and direction of NCL, making it less of a “social” and more of a philanthropic entity over the years. We are committed to hands-on philanthropic engagement within our community.
San Francisco Chapter Mission Statement
To foster mother-daughter relationships in a philanthropic organization committed to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
NCL is a 6-year commitment which requires a minimum number of volunteer hours, attendance at regular meetings, and support of chapter operations via an assigned job.
We are excited to share that the San Francisco Chapter has commenced our 2023 Annual Membership Drive and we welcome you to apply for membership!
Please read below for this year’s Membership drive timeline:
- January 9, 2023: Intent to Sponsor Forms due.
- January 31, 2023: we will be hosting a Prospective Member meeting to learn more about NCL and the San Francisco Chapter.
- February 7, 2023: Membership applications will be due.
- March 1, 2023: new Provisional Members will be announced.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- AIDSWalk San Francisco
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Brady Riding – Horses in California, Inc.
- Children’s Book Project
- Disaster Response
- Edgewood Center for Children and Families
- Family House
- Golden Gate Lab Rescue
- Habitat for Humanity San Francisco
- Hamilton Family Center
- Holy Family Day Home
- Homeless PreNatal Program
- Horizons at San Francisco Friends School
- Meals on Wheels San Francisco
- National Day of Service – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Operation Gratitude
- Pomeroy Recreation and Rehabilitation Center
- Presidio Native Plant Nursery
- Randall Museum
- Raphael House
- Refuse Refuse
- Richmond Neighborhood Center
- SF Fire Dept. Toy Drive
- SF Food Bank
- St. Anthony’s Foundation
- Surfrider Foundation
- Susan G. Komen
- The Guardsmen
- There With Care
- The San Francisco Chapter of NCL excels in providing a wide variety of philanthropic opportunities to our members. Our philanthropy partners include opportunities in the following categories: service for the homeless, the hungry, children with disabilities, the elderly, women and family services, the environment, and healthcare.
- President: Kathleen Darling
- President Elect: Melissa Lewis
- Secretary: Maira Hallinan
- Treasurer: Rose O’Driscoll
- Parliamentarian: Sara Kiehn
- Vice President Communications: Jasmin Makar
- Vice President Membership: Carol Bulgatti
- Vice President Philanthropy: Mai Mai Wythes
- Vice President Provisionals: Donna Armstrong
- Vice President Ticktockers: Nikki George
- Sustainer Liaison: Tanya Miller
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Courtney Klinge
We recently had an all-chapter meeting discussing our values. Here is what is important to our members!
San Francisco Chapter during COVID-19
Examples of our current efforts include:
- Beach clean-up
- Richmond Neighborhood Center – Food Pantry Pop Up and Meal delivery
- Brady Riding – Assisting with the animals and barn
- The Edgewood Center for Children and Families – donating school supplies
- Operation Gratitude – letter writing to service members
- Homeless Prenatal Program – assembling art kits for kids
. . . and many more!