About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., San Ramon Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in San Ramon or in the attendance zone for California High School and Dougherty Valley High School. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Ramon aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Blue Star Moms
- City of San Ramon’s City Lights Program
- Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Crayon Initiative
- Diablo Women’s Chorale
- Disaster Response
- Fair Chance for Special Needs
- Feral Cat Rescue
- Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano
- Friends of San Ramon Library Foundation
- I Can Do That Theatre
- Little League Challenger
- Meals on Wheels
- My New Red Shoes
- Open Heart Kitchen
- Operation Gratitude
- San Ramon Arts Foundation
- San Ramon Historic Foundation
- San Ramon Library Foundation
- San Ramon Senior Foundation
- San Ramon Valley Education Foundation
- Shepherd’s Gate
- Sleep In Heavenly Peace
- Special Olympics of Northern California
- The Kindness Campaign
- Town of Danville
- UCSF Benioff Childrens Hospital Oakland
- VA Palo Alto Healthcare System
- White Pony Express
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Kimberly Bellinger
- President Elect: Marcela Sowers
- Secretary: Luzelle Matias
- Treasurer: Grace Li
- Parliamentarian: Diana Kaplenko
- Vice President Communications: Sandy Camp
- Vice President Membership: Holly Casserly
- Vice President Philanthropy: Diana Chou
- Vice President New Members: Kathie Trento
- Vice President Ticktockers: Mary OConnor
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Cory Berberian
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.