About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Santa Ynez Valley Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Solvang, Santa Ynez, Buellton, Los Olivos, and Ballard. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Santa Ynez Valley aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
OUR CHAPTER HISTORY
Our Santa Ynez Valley Chapter of National Charity League, Inc. was organized in 1994 and incorporated in 1997.
We are a group of over 100 members including sustainer members. We provide hands-on volunteer service for more than 14 local philanthropies and contribute over 1300 hours to our local community each year.
Other annual events are the Mother-Daughter tea held each year and the Senior Recognition event held in the spring to recognize the graduating senior class.
The most rewarding aspect of NCL, Inc. are the experiences we have with our daughters and the friendships we establish during our six years together. Through the outstanding work we do in the community and our participation in social and cultural events, we build long-lasting friendships and memories.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Disaster Response
- Elverhoj Museum of History and Art
- Friendship House
- Operation Gratitude
- Parks & Recreation
- People Helping People
- Safety Town
- Santa Ynez Historical Society
- Santa Ynez Other Philanthropies
- Santa Ynez Valley Youth Recreation
- Solvang Festival Theater
- Solvang Library
- Therapeutic Riding Program
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Laura Urquidez
- President Elect: Alizabeth Hamaoui
- Secretary: Amy Donnelly
- Treasurer: Alexandra Glover
- Parliamentarian: Kim Merz
- Vice President Communications: Megan Ricci
- Vice President Membership: Shannon Gann
- Vice President Philanthropy: Anastasia Lubke
- Vice President New Members: Hilary Halme
- Vice President Ticktockers: Joanna Hawkins
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Kathryn Tucciarone
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.