About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Seaside Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in central San Diego and the surrounding area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Seaside aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
We are so excited that our Membership Campaign has begun! This year, we will be accepting applications from the following classes:
- Class of 2025 (current 9th graders, incoming 10th graders in Fall 2022)
- Class of 2027 (current 7th graders, incoming 8th graders in Fall 2022)
- Class of 2028 (current 6th graders, incoming 7th graders in Fall 2022)
We’re hosting three Prospective Informational Meetings in November and December 2021. The meetings provide an overview of NCL and the Seaside chapter, and you’ll have the opportunity to meet current members and ask any questions you have. We would love to have you to join us on any of these dates:
- Sunday, November 7th at 5:00pm via Zoom
- Tuesday, November 30th at 6:30pm at La Jolla United Methodist Church
- Sunday, December 12th at 4:00pm in La Jolla
You do not need to attend a meeting to apply for membership, but a Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. The Membership committee will work with you to procure Sponsors once you confirm your intent to apply. Applications will be emailed to each Prospective, and they must be completed by January 15, 2022.
Please fill out the Membership Inquiry Form above or email Jean Kim, VP Membership at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to RSVP to any of the information meetings. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- American Heart Association
- Coastal Roots Farm
- Giving Tuesday
- One Million People Moving
Some of Seaside’s other Philanthropy partners include:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Bannister House
- California Native Plant Society
- Cecily’s Closet
- Challenged Athletes Foundation
- District 6 C.A.N. Drive
- District 6 Military Baby Shower
- Father Joe’s Village
- Feeding San Diego
- Friends of Cats
- Helen Woodard Animal Center
- I Love a Clean San Diego
- Kitchens for Good
- La Jolla Kiwanis Club
- Lawrence Family JCC
- Operation Gratitude
- Project Linus
- San Diego Audubon Society
- San Diego Blood Bank
- Special Olympics
- St. Germaine Children’s Charity
- The Kindness Project
- Therapeutic Recreation Services
- TOP Soccer, La Jolla Soccer
- Traveling Stories
- Wild Willow Farm
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- Public Speaking
- Leadership & Decision Making
- Financial Literacy
- Relationship Building
Seaside’s Current Board Members:
- President: Mindy McNeill
- President-Elect: Jean Kim
- Secretary: Karen Lemmon
- Treasurer: Marty Anderson
- Parliamentarian: Tracey Arminio
- Vice President Communications: Mira Sanchez Costello
- Vice President Membership: Jean Kim
- Vice President Philanthropy: Alexia ElWardani
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Lucila De Alejandro
- Vice President Ticktockers: Jennifer Holt & Kariann Medina
- Vice President Standards: Karen Benito
- Vice President Provisionals: Britin Hanson
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.