About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Sierra Nevada Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Reno/Sparks area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Sierra Nevada aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Cancer Society Reno
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows
- Casa de Vida
- Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada – St. Vincent’s
- Disaster Response
- Evelyn Mount Community Outreach
- Food Bank of Northern Nevada
- Girls on the Run
- Give Hope
- Junior Achievement of Northern Nevada
- Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival
- Moms on the Run
- National Giving Tuesday
- Nevada Discovery Museum
- Nevada Humane Society
- Northern Nevada Children’s Cancer Foundation
- Operation Gratitude
- Project 150, Reno
- RAVE – Respite and Volunteer Experiences
- Reno Rodeo
- Reno Sparks Gospel Mission – RSGM
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern Nevada
- Sierra Association of Foster Families
- Special Olympics – Nevada
- Spread The Word Nevada, Washoe County
- STEP 2
- The Children’s Cabinet
- The Eddy House
- The Kindness Campaign
- Veterans Guest House
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Michelle Krakora
- President Elect: Jackie Peacock
- Secretary: Adrienne Bemus
- Treasurer: Tiffany Williamson
- Parliamentarian: Maureen Zupon
- Vice President Communications: Shannon Brenner
- Vice President Membership: Erin Sherry
- Vice President Philanthropy: Jenny Van Duyne
- Vice President Ticktockers: Allison Isaia
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Laura Cale
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.