About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Silver Star Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in the area south of Forest Lane, east of Marsh Lane/Lemmon Avenue, west of Highway 75 and north of the southern border of Highland Park. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Silver Star aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Like all NCL, Inc. chapters, Silver Star aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together. Our more than 250 members represented fifteen public and private schools and served over 4,900 hours last year. With an estimated national value of a volunteer hour at $29.95, we made an annual philanthropic impact of over $146,000 in our Dallas community. Together, we make a difference!
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Our Prospective Member Packet will include the following information:
- Timeline: Applications for Membership are accepted during our annual Membership Drive from October 1st through January 15th. Girls in 6th – 9th grades may apply, unless a class is already full at the start of the drive.
- Sponsorship Requirements: A Prospective Member must be sponsored by an Active Member and co-sponsored by an Active, Provisional or Sustainer Patroness Member in our Chapter.
- Application: A Prospective Member may only apply to one Chapter, so it’s mandatory to attend an information session before applying to Silver Star. We offer three information sessions per year, both in-person and virtually.
Our Silver Star chapter follows a rewarding six-year program designed to further the NCL, Inc. mission through our three pillars of community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
Currently, Silver Star Chapter supports 24 philanthropies, all of which fulfill a variety of local needs, including those that provide services for the homeless, the disadvantaged, children and adults with special needs, the elderly, animals, the environment and more.
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Sharon Pfaff
- President Elect: Tammi Williams
- Secretary: Jennifer Hargrave
- Treasurer: Jennifer Seidel
- Parliamentarian: Denise Kirkman
- Vice President Communications: Sabrina Mosley
- Vice President Membership: Melanie Young
- Vice President Philanthropy: Tracy LeBlanc
- Vice President Provisionals: Stephanie Hannagan
- Vice President Ticktockers: Ashley Parks
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Laura Nieto
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.
Our Instagram page @ncl_silver_star is filled with real-time content about our Members’ volunteer activities and other annual events, like our chapter-wide tea and our Senior Recognition Ceremony. Please follow us and like our posts!