About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Silver Star Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in the area south of Forest Lane, east of Marsh Lane/Lemmon Avenue, west of Highway 75 and north of the southern border of Highland Park. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Silver Star aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Like all NCL, Inc. chapters, Silver Star aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together. Our more than 250 members represented fifteen public and private schools and served over 3,700 hours last year. With an estimated national value of a volunteer hour at $25.43, we made an annual philanthropic impact of over $94,000 in our Dallas community. Together, we make a difference!
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Our Prospective Member Packet will include the following information:
- Timeline: Applications for Membership are accepted during our annual Membership Drive from October 1st through January 15th. Girls in 6th – 9th grades may apply, unless a class is already full at the start of the drive.
- Sponsorship Requirements: A Prospective Member must be sponsored by an Active Member and co-sponsored by an Active, Provisional or Sustainer Patroness Member in our Chapter.
- Application: A Prospective Member may only apply to one Chapter, so it’s mandatory to attend an information session before applying to Silver Star. We offer three information sessions per year, both in-person and virtually.
Our Silver Star chapter follows a rewarding six-year program designed to further the NCL, Inc. mission through our three pillars of community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Currently, Silver Star Chapter supports 24 philanthropies, all of which fulfill a variety of local needs, including those that provide services for the homeless, the disadvantaged, children and adults with special needs, the elderly, animals, the environment and more.
- President: Janice Van Arsdale
- President Elect: Sharon Pfaff
- Secretary: Jennifer Hargrave
- Treasurer: Christy Grimste
- Parliamentarian: Mary Lynn Hanna
- Vice President Communications: Melanie Young
- Vice President Membership: Tammi Williams
- Vice President Philanthropy: Tara Whitehead Stotland
Tracy Le Blanc
- Vice President Provisionals: Sarah Lowry
- Vice President Ticktockers: Laura Nieto
Our Instagram page @ncl_silver_star is filled with real-time content about our Members’ volunteer activities and other annual events, like our chapter-wide tea and our Senior Recognition Ceremony. Please follow us and like our posts!