About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., South Austin Wildflowers Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in Circle C, Sunset Valley, Bear Creek, Southside Barton Creek, Dripping Springs, and the Southwest Austin area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, South Austin Wildflowers aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
National Charity League, Inc. is comprised of mothers and daughters in grades 7 through 12. Their mission is to foster mother-daughter relationships in a philanthropic organization committed to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
The activities are designed around a six-year plan which includes age-related educational, leadership, and cultural objectives. National Charity League, Inc. chapters have been making a difference for decades by providing nearly $18 million in volunteer hours annually in support of local philanthropies.
The NCL, Inc., South Austin Wildflower Chapter was organized in 2017 as the ninth NCL, Inc. Chapter to form in the Austin area. The South Austin Wildflowers Chapter began with a formation meeting in March 2017. On April 9, 2019 the NCL, Inc., South Austin Wildflower Chapter became fully chartered.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Prospective members need to be sponsored by a current member of the National Charity League, Inc. (NCL) Chapter they wish to join. If you know someone in NCL, talk to her about her Chapter’s boundaries, membership obligations, and membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to submit the following form.
Please click here to fill out and submit your Membership Inquiry form, or for any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email Kristy Attaway and Leslie Alvarado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Membership Dates
- Prospective Membership Drive – October 1, 2020–January 15, 2021
- Info Session – November 17, 2020 from 6-7pm
- Sponsor , Co-Sponsor and Prospective Membership Application Forms due – January 15, 2021
- Prospective Members notified – March 1, 2021
- Prospective Membership Acceptance is due – March 31, 2021
Prospective Members Links
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- American Heart Association
- Austin Diaper Bank
- Brush Country Nursing & Rehabilitation
- Carrying Hope
- Central Texas Food Bank
- Community First!
- Interfaith Action of Central Texas
- Legacy Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care
- Mother’s Milk Bank
- Operation Gratitude
- St. Louise House
- Texas Advocacy Project
- The Kindness Campaign
- President: Mollie Cullinane
- Secretary: Michelle Corbett
- Treasurer: Christina Wilson
- Parliamentarian: Elizabeth Branch
- Vice President Communications: Sangeeta Lerma
- Vice President Membership: Kristen Attaway
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Shellie Withrow
- Vice President Philanthropy: Laura Oden
- Vice President Provisionals: Anjie Frost
- Vice President Ticktockers: Meredith Harper
Members have opportunities to engage in experiences that build essential skills, such as confidence, consensus and team building, event planning, conflict resolution and parliamentary procedure.
Activities of National Charity League, Inc., South Austin Wildflowers Chapter include:
- Character Building
- College transition & Safety
- Collegiate Portfolios
- Conflict Resolution
- Goal Setting
- Healthy Attitudes
- Healthy Body Image
- Independent Living
- Internet & texting safety
- Interview Skills
- Life Skills
- Meeting Skills
- Mission Statements
- NCL Brand training
- Parliamentary Procedure
- Project management
- Public Speaking
- Stress Management
- Team Building
- Working on Committees
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives. We celebrate our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
Activities of our Chapter include:
- Mother-Daughter Tea
- Senior Recognition
- Chapter-wide Cultural Experiences focusing on Theater, Dance, Gardens & Public Lands, Music (Concert/Symphony/Opera), Visual Arts & Museums, and Community Exploration