About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., South Bay Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach or Redondo Beach. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, South Bay aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Chapter Membership Drive Happening Now!
Calling Mothers with Daughters in 6th & 7th Grade!
If you and your daughter are seeking a fulfilling experience that will offer each of you opportunities individually and as a family for service, leadership, camaraderie and personal growth, then you have come to the right place, National Charity League, South Bay! Mothers and Daughters Serving Communities Together!
See the “Join Our Chapter” section for more details.
And find us on Instagram & Facebook @NCLSOUTHBAY!
About National Charity League:
Learn more about NCL’s mission and core values as Mothers and Daughters Serving Communities Together.
About our NCL South Bay Chapter:
The South Bay Chapter was formed in 2014 and in 2020, our chapter graduated the first class that completed all six years of the program. Our goal is to promote a sense of shared responsibility in our daughters and strengthen our bond while growing together, sharing our time and energy, and improving our community.
- The National Charity League, Inc., South Bay Chapter was founded on September 29, 2014, becoming the 196th Chapter.
- Our Chapter began with 155 mothers and daughters representing 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th grade classes from the cities of Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach. The Chapter was chartered on March 12, 2016.
- Our Chapter was started by 11 South Bay mothers who wanted to create a new legacy for mothers and daughters to serve their community together.
- Our Chapter was supported by Expansion Advisor Heather Schuchert, a former President of the National Charity League, Inc., Peninsula Chapter.
- We are comprised of mothers, called Patronesses, and daughters, called Ticktockers.
- Our founding Ticktocker classes represented eight schools: Hermosa Valley School, Manhattan Beach Middle School, Chadwick School, Mira Costa High School, Redondo Union High School, American Martyrs School, Marlborough School, Marymount High School.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DRIVE IS OPEN!
We are accepting applications for mothers with current 6th and 7th grade daughters. If you would like to learn more about our chapter, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you!
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
NCL National Charities Include:
American Heart Association
The Kindness Campaign
Our South Bay Chapter Philanthropies:
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Kathy Glynn
- President Elect: Stephanie Schaub
- Secretary: Grace Coopman
- Treasurer: Margaret McAusland
- Parliamentarian: Carol Bernstein
- Vice President Communications: Nicole Tang
- Vice President Membership: Kimberly Crisera
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Christa DiLeva
- Vice President Philanthropy: Beth Tonne
- Vice President Provisionals: Laurie Eddleston
- Vice President Ticktockers: Carla Persell
- Sustainer Liaison: Susan Volkman
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.