About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., South Bay Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach or Redondo Beach. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, South Bay aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Our Membership Drive for 2022-2023 has completed.
If you and your daughter are seeking a fulfilling experience that will offer each of you opportunities individually and together for service, leadership, camaraderie and personal growth, then you have come to the right place, National Charity League, South Bay! Mothers and Daughters Serving Communities Together!
See the “Join Our Chapter” section for updates about our 2023-2024 Membership Drive.
And find us on Instagram & Facebook @NCLSOUTHBAY
About National Charity League:
Learn more about NCL’s mission and core values as Mothers and Daughters Serving Communities Together.
About our NCL South Bay Chapter:
The South Bay Chapter was formed in 2014 and in 2020, our chapter graduated the first class that completed all six years of the program. Our goal is to promote a sense of shared responsibility in our daughters and strengthen our bond while growing together, sharing our time and energy, and improving our community.
- The National Charity League, Inc., South Bay Chapter was founded on September 29, 2014, becoming the 196th Chapter.
- Our Chapter began with 155 mothers and daughters representing 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th grade classes from the cities of Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach. The Chapter was chartered on March 12, 2016.
- Our Chapter was started by 11 South Bay mothers who wanted to create a new legacy for mothers and daughters to serve their community together.
- Our Chapter was supported by Expansion Advisor Heather Schuchert, a former President of the National Charity League, Inc., Peninsula Chapter.
- We are comprised of mothers, called Patronesses, and daughters, called Ticktockers.
- Our founding Ticktocker classes represented eight schools: Hermosa Valley School, Manhattan Beach Middle School, Chadwick School, Mira Costa High School, Redondo Union High School, American Martyrs School, Marlborough School, Marymount High School.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
NCL South Bay’s next membership drive will take place in Fall 2023. All mothers with 6th grade (2023-2024) daughters are encouraged to inquire. If you would like to learn more about our chapter, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you!
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Access Books
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- AYSO VIP Program
- Beach Cities Health District
- Beach Cities Toy Drive
- Boys and Girls Club of Carson
- Disaster Response
- El Segundo Museum of Art – ESMoA
- Friends Community Center
- Heal the Bay
- LA Food Bank
- Lovejoy Foundation
- One Voice Holiday Program
- Operation Gratitude
- P.S. I Love You – Day at the Beach
- Portraits of Hope
- Project: NEEDS
- Reading Partners
- Roundhouse Aquarium
- Run to Remember
- South Bay Children’s Health Center
- Sunrise Senior Assisted Living
- TEDx Manhattan Beach
- The Kindness Campaign
- TJ Martell
- Wreaths Across America
- Zazzy Cats Kitty Rescue
NCL National Charities Include:
American Heart Association
The Kindness Campaign
Our South Bay Chapter Philanthropies:
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Stephanie Schaub
- President Elect: Erin Levin
- Secretary: Grace Coopman
- Treasurer: Mercedes Morton
- Parliamentarian: Carol Bernstein
- Vice President Communications: Stacy Myrose
- Vice President Membership: Sarah Lawton
- Vice President Philanthropy: Kim Venetz
- Vice President Provisionals: Karen Farrell
- Vice President Ticktockers: Carla Persell
- Sustainer Liaison: Jenny Sampson
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Kelly Trudgen
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.