About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Space City Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Clear Creek, Dickinson, Friendswood or Pearland ISD boundaries. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Space City aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Find us on Facebook and Instagram by searching National Charity League, Inc., Space City
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Artist Boat
- Bay Area Turning Point
- Bridge Over Troubled Waters
- Camp for All
- Disaster Response
- Epilepsy Foundation Texas/Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, West Texas
- Forgotten Angels
- Friends of League City Animal Shelter
- Galveston Bay Foundation
- Galveston County Food Bank
- Galveston Historical Foundation
- Heartis Senior Living
- Hope Village
- Kidz Harbor
- Operation Gratitude
- Partners 4 Paws
- Project Linus
- Ronald McDonald House of Galveston
- Space City
- Space City Meetings
- Special Olympics Texas – Area 22 Gulf Coast
- The Birthday Joy Program
- The Kindness Campaign
- Undies for Everyone
- Wreaths Across America
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Shannon Underwood
- President Elect: Alexis DiFruscio
- Secretary: Lisa Slater
- Treasurer: Charis Pollard
- Parliamentarian: Kerri Yee
- Vice President Communications: Meagan Holder
- Vice President Membership: Chanda ABBOTT
- Vice President Philanthropy: Stacy Martin
- Vice President New Members: Sharmi Watkins
- Vice President Ticktockers: Kimberly Merritt
- Sustainer Liaison: Stacie Yount
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Joanna Krancher
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.