About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Sunnyside Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Happy Valley, Clackamas, Damascus, Gladstone and surrounding areas. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Sunnyside aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A prospective member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
Some of the philanthropies we work with are:
- American Cancer Society
- Annie Ross House
- City of Happy Valley
- Clackamas Book Shelf
- Clackamas County Dog Services
- Clackamas River Basin Council
- Father’s Heart Street Ministry
- Feed the Hungry
- Friends of the Milwaukie Center
- Happy Valley Library
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- NCL, Inc. National Philanthropy
- North Clackamas Family Support Center
- Oregon Food Bank
- Oregon Humane Society
- Period. The Menstrual Movement
- Providence Health & Services
- Second Chance Companions – Animeals
- Special Olympics
- Susan G Komen Race for the Cure
- Urban Gleaners
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Allison Bach
- President Elect: Theresa Sorensen
- Secretary: Jodi Thomas
- Treasurer: Renae Gibbons
- Parliamentarian: Jennifer Hungerford
- Vice President Communications: Blair Wardwell
- Vice President Membership: Pattie Sandholm
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Beth Graham
- Vice President Philanthropy: Casey Pfleger
- Vice President Provisionals: Chelsea Radich
- Vice President Ticktockers: Sarah Magura
- Sustainer Liaison: Verity Sturdavant
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.