About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Texas Laurels Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the South Montgomery County area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Texas Laurels aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Chartered in 2006 by NCL, Inc., the Texas Laurels Chapter serves the community through volunteer commitments. The Texas Laurels are one of five NCL Chapters in The Woodlands, Texas. The Texas Laurels chapter has grown to over 200 Patronesses and Ticktockers serving the community in over 38 philanthropies. Each Ticktocker class has between 20-30 members.
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ncltxlaurels/
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A prospective member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Applying to NCL, Inc. happens each fall during our Membership Drive. Typically, mothers seek membership when their daughter has just started 6th grade as our chapter’s new year commences the following spring. However, members may apply up to entering 10th grade and simply make up the philanthropy hours due in the previous years. This is a doable task!
The NCL experience is designed as a six-year program. Each grade level, rising 7th graders through 12th grade, is organized into a “Class” by graduation year. Typically, there are about 20-30 girls in each class.
Each year, members are required to:
- Perform a minimum number of community service hours.
- Attend a minimum number of monthly chapter meetings.
- Participate in League supportive activities and events.
- Assume a chapter position annually as an event chair, philanthropy liaison, Grade Level Advisor, or board member.
- Meet the annual financial obligation, approximately $400. Fees can be paid in full or in several installments. Note: this amount is an estimate and is based on average dues when joining as a rising 7th grader.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
Some of the philanthropies we work with are:
- All Ears
- Angel Reach
- Class Act Productions
- Interfaith of The Woodlands
- Meals On Wheels – Montgomery County
- Montgomery County Women’s Center
- Mosaics of Mercy
- Operation Military Embrace
- Operation Pets Alive – Montgomery County
- Special Olympics – Montgomery County
- Texas Children’s Hospital
- The NeighborBridge
- The Woodlands Children’s Museum
- The Woodlands Township
- YMCA – Montgomery County
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Melanie Erpenbeck
- President Elect: Susan Grajek
- Secretary: Rebecca Talley
- Treasurer: Aurora Black
- Parliamentarian: Moneisa (Missy) Sears
- Vice President Communications: Nicole Smith
- Vice President Membership: Keri Wagner
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Heidi Tomberlin
- Vice President Philanthropy: Susan Soriano
- Vice President Provisionals: Nushin Huq
- Vice President Ticktockers: Lynn Bridges
Leadership development is designed to teach daughters to be self-assured, to demonstrate good manners, and to respect others.
Texas Laurels’ activities as part of the NCL Experience include:
- ACT/SAT Planning
- Annual Philanthropic Class Project
- Annual Ticktocker Tribute
- Automobile Safety
- College Admissions Advice
- College Application Process
- Consensus Building
- Conflict Resolution
- Drinking and Driving
- Texting and Driving
- Substance Abuse
- Fitness and Nutrition
- Friendship and Etiquette
- Sorority Recruitment
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Parliamentary Procedures
- Officer Mentorship
- Personal Growth Training
- Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
- Self Defense
- Social Networking
- Internet Safety
- Senior Presentation
- Stress Management
- Team Building
- Time Management
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.
Texas Laurels’ cultural activities as part of the NCL Experience include:
- Annual Father/Daughter class event
- Annual Mother/Daughter Tea
- Museum Excursions
- Performing Arts Shows: Dance, Theatre, Symphony, Opera and Musicals
- Etiquette Training
Annual Texas Laurels Events
The Texas Laurels Chapter of NCL, Inc. focuses exclusively on hands-on philanthropy. Our mother/daughter members earn their philanthropy/community service hours by actively participating with our philanthropies and community events onsite. In addition, we kick off the new school year with a Mother/Daughter Rally where we complete a chapter-wide service project. We also try to make the League activities for our Patronesses and Ticktockers relevant and fun!
Some of our annual chapter events include:
- Mother/Daughter Rally
- Mother/Daughter Tea
- Senior Presentation
- Ticktocker Tribute