About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., The Woodlands Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in South Montgomery County or The Woodlands. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, The Woodlands aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- American Heart Association
- Meals on Wheels Montgomery County
- Operation Gratitude
- Operation Homefront
- Operation Pets Alive
- The Abundant Harvest
- The Kindness Campaign
- Yes to Youth
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Candice Fletcher
- President Elect: Louise Blanchard
- Secretary: Julie Sicam
- Treasurer: Jeanette Pineda
- Parliamentarian: Tamara Griepp
- Vice President Communications: Geneen Pipher-Boyd
- Vice President Membership: Melissa Horak
- Vice President Philanthropy: Laura Sullivan
- Vice President Provisionals: Heather Dixen
- Vice President Ticktockers: Becky Fralix
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.
We have been proud to partner with the Glade Arts Foundation, Class Act Productions, The Houston Symphony and other fine arts in our community to cultivate values and traditions that shape the organization’s role and contributions in our communities.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
Our chapter is proud to announce that we have achieved the Blue Rose Chapter Award for the 2019-2020 year. We worked hard as a chapter to meet all the annual requirements, participated in #GivingTuesday and the national philanthropy program, and held a Sustainer Event.