About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Tulsa Midtown Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in the Tulsa Midtown area, defined as 15th Street to 71st Street and Riverside Drive to Sheridan Road. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Tulsa Midtown aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The seeds for what would blossom into Tulsa Midtown Chapter were sown in the Fall of 2011 when a group of mothers began to research meaningful ways to engage their daughters in serving others.
They learned of the mission of the National Charity League, unknown in Oklahoma at that time, and began to explore the possibility of starting a local chapter. By the spring of 2012, they had established a Board of Directors and moved forward to chapter formation in January 2013.
More than 100 women attended the introductory meeting, excited about the opportunity to enrich their community through service alongside their daughters.
Tulsa Midtown Chapter is now a vibrant group of more than 300 members with a wide array of interests and backgrounds. We share a common interest in furthering the NCL mission to:
- Strengthen the mother-daughter bond
- Encourage community service and social awareness
- Enhance leadership skills
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
If you feel that Tulsa Midtown Chapter might be a good fit for you and your daughter, please reach out to any of our current members or contact VPs of Membership Carey Baker or Sarah Dougherty.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Assistance League of Tulsa
- Catholic Charities
- Children’s Hospital Foundation At Saint Francis
- Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
- Disaster Response
- Emergency Infant Services
- Gathering Place
- Global Gardens
- LIFE Senior Services
- Little Light House
- National Day of Service – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Operation Gratitude
- PAL Pet Adoption League
- Project Elf
- Reading Partners Tulsa
- Salvation Army
- Tulsa Children’s Museum
- Tulsa Regional Tourism
- Youth Services of Tulsa
Tulsa Midtown is uniquely able to impact not just the local metropolitan area, but our greater Eastern Oklahoma community as well.
In the 2019-2020 year, our Patronesses and Ticktockers completed a total of 8,294 hours of service.
- President: Stephanie Farris
- President Elect: Sarah Miller
- Secretary: Ashley Martens
- Treasurer: Heather Day
- Parliamentarian: Stephanie Mitchell
- Vice President Communications: Liz James
- Vice President Membership: Carey Baker
- Vice President Philanthropy: Karen Chastain
- Vice President Provisionals: Marianne Ballard
- Vice President Ticktockers: Lisa Crawford
- Sustainer Liaison: Christina Fravel
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Carly Barnard
Membership in National Charity League is a six-year journey that encourages members to engage in experiences that build essential skills. Each grade level addresses different components of effective leadership.
Grade level activities of our Chapter include:
- 7th grade:
team-building with peers, learning parliamentary procedure
- 8th grade:
exploring leadership styles, modeling proper meeting conduct
- 9th grade:
developing listening skills, building self-confidence
- 10th grade:
strengthening communication skills; identifying personal values
- 11th grade:
setting goals, practicing effective time management
- 12th grade:
planning and leading meetings, preparing for college and career
- Assembling Welcome Baskets for Burmese Refugees
- Calligraphy Lessons
- Cupcake Decorating
- Knitting Lessons
- Making No-Sew Blankets for Babies
- Makeup Tutorial
- Painting Lessons
- Tea Tasting & Menu Planning
- Yoga Sessions
- Self Defense for Women
- Holi/Dawali Festival
- Native American Festivals
- Theater Performances
- Rock Climbing