About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Tulsa Midtown Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in the Tulsa Midtown area, defined as 15th Street to 71st Street and Riverside Drive to Sheridan Road. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Tulsa Midtown aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The seeds for what would blossom into Tulsa Midtown Chapter were sown in the Fall of 2011 when a group of mothers began to research meaningful ways to engage their daughters in serving others.
They learned of the mission of National Charity League, unknown in Oklahoma at that time, and began to explore the possibility of starting a local chapter. By spring of 2012, they had established a Board of Directors and moved forward to chapter formation in January 2013.
More than 100 women attended the introductory meeting, excited about the opportunity to enrich their community through service alongside their daughters.
Tulsa Midtown Chapter is now a vibrant group of more than 300 members with a wide array
of interests and backgrounds. We share a common interest in furthering
the NCL misson to:
- strengthen the mother-daughter bond
- encourage community service and social awareness
- enhance leadership skills
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
If you feel that Tulsa Midtown Chapter might be a good fit for you and your daughter, please reach out to any of our current members or contact VPs of Membership Luann Hight or Marnie Flegler.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Assistance League of Tulsa
- Catholic Charities
- Children’s Hospital Foundation At Saint Francis
- Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
- Emergency Infant Services
- Gathering Place
- Global Gardens
- LIFE Senior Services
- Little Light House
- PAL Pet Adoption League
- Project Elf
- Salvation Army
- The Coffee Bunker
- Tulsa Children’s Museum
- Tulsa Sports Commission
Tulsa Midtown is uniquely able to impact not just the local metropolitan area, but our greater Eastern Oklahoma community as well.
In the 2019-2020 year, our Patronesses and Ticktockers completed a total of 8,294 hours of service.
- President: Tricia Milford-Hoyt
- President Elect: Stephanie Stump
- Secretary: Carrie Williams
- Treasurer: Kathy Shaffer
- Parliamentarian: Sarah Balbas
- Vice President Communications: Cindie Milford
- Vice President Membership: Marnie Flegler
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Amy Castleberry
- Vice President Philanthropy: India Carter
- Vice President Provisionals: Vannessa Hoose
- Vice President Ticktockers: Stephanie Farris
- Sustainer Liaison: Lisa English
Membership in National Charity League is a six-year journey that encourages members to engage in experiences that build essential skills. Each grade level address different components of effective leadership.
Grade level activities of our Chapter include:
- 7th grade:
team building with peers, learning parliamentary procedure
- 8th grade:
exploring leadership styles, modeling proper meeting conduct
- 9th grade:
developing listening skills, building self confidence
- 10th grade:
strengthening communication skills; identifying personal values
- 11th grade:
setting goals, practicing effective time management
- 12th grade:
planning and leading meetings, preparing for college and career
- Assembling Welcome Baskets for Burmese Refugees
- Calligraphy Lessons
- Cupcake Decorating
- Knitting Lessons
- Making No-Sew Blankets for Babies
- Makeup Tutorial
- Painting Lessons
- Tea Tasting & Menu Planning
- Yoga Sessions
- Self Defense for Women
- Holi/Dawali Festival
- Native American Festivals
- Theater Performances
- Rock Climbing