About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Ventura County Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Ventura County cities of Camarillo (including Somis and Santa Rosa Valley), Fillmore, Santa Paula, Ojai (and surrounding communities), Oxnard (and surrounding communities) and Ventura. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Ventura County aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
OUR CHAPTER HISTORY
For more than 60 years, the Ventura Chapter of National Charity League, Inc. has been a positive force in our community, through our dedication to philanthropic service, and fostering the development of strong character, leadership, and social responsibility in our daughters.
Mrs. Edward Lee Garder II organized the Ventura County Chapter in 1959 and it was chartered in 1960. Many of our chapter traditions and commitments to philanthropies that were established in our first years remain with us today. Dedicated to philanthropic service and anchored by the strong legacy of our founders, our chapter has grown substantially since our early days, and today boasts 170 members, including over 80 ticktockers in six grade levels. As our chapter moves further into the 21st century, we proudly honor our foundation in all that we do- and most importantly, we strive to make our community a better place to live in, and to strengthen the enduring bond of mothers and daughters.
ABOUT THE VENTURA COUNTY CHAPTER
Each year, the mothers and daughters of the Ventura Chapter give more than 7,000 hours of community service to philanthropies in Ventura and greater Ventura County. In addition, members help ensure our strength and success by completing over 2,000 service hours for our chapter each year.
Beyond the volunteer work that we perform in support of philanthropies’ missions, the Ventura Chapter also raises funds for our philanthropies through the hosting of our annual fundraiser. This is a festive and fun occasion that provides an opportunity for the community to join with our membership in celebration and service.
The Ventura Chapter also provides our membership with opportunities to celebrate our special relationship and achievements. Each year our Mother-Daughter Tea allows us to spend a lovely afternoon together as a chapter, and helps teach our Ticktockers etiquette and social graces. In addition, we formally honor our Ticktockers for their leadership and hours of service to our philanthropies and our chapter, at our annual Service Awards Luncheon and Modelette Show. At this wonderful event, Ticktockers who have completed their grade level service hours requirements receive a service award, and we proudly present a number of special awards to those who have contributed 50, 75, and 100 or more additional hours of service to individual and combined philanthropies.
A Ticktocker’s senior year is the finale to the six-year NCL Experience. This special year includes a senior philanthropic project, the Senior Mother/Daughter Trip, and a Senior Recognition Celebration held just prior to graduation. While this event is not an debutante ball, it is a beautiful celebration for the Ticktockers, their families, and friends that celebrates the mother/daughter bond, the many accomplishments of the ticktocker’s years in NCL, and also their plans and goals for the future.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
We invite you to consider membership in the NCL, Inc., Ventura County Chapter. Some things to keep in mind about the Membership process:
- Timeline: Applications for Membership are accepted during the Annual Membership Drive from October 1 through January 15 each year for women with daughters in grades 6th-9th at the time of the Membership Drive.
- Sponsorship: A Prospective Member shall be sponsored by an Active Member and co-sponsored by an Active, Provisional or Sustainer Patroness Member in our Chapter. (We can help connect you with a Sponsor and Co-Sponsor, if needed!).
- Application: A Prospective Member shall only apply to one Chapter.
Please begin by completing our Membership Inquiry Form. This will allow us to provide you with further details about the Membership application process and timeline, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for your interest in our NCL, Inc., Ventura County Chapter. We look forward to meeting you!
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- (ALO) A Lotte Opportunity Foundation
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Assistance League of Ventura County Bargain Box Thrift Store
- Casa Pacifica Center
- Convalescent Hospitals-Camarillo Healthcare Center
- Convalescent Hospitals-The Lexington Assisted Care
- Cypress Place Senior Living
- Disaster Response
- Discovery Center for Science and Technology
- Food Share of Ventura County
- Hospital Junior Volunteer – St. John’s Regional Medical Center
- Hospital Junior Volunteer-St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital
- Hospital Volunteer-Ventura County Medical Center
- Humane Society of Ventura County
- Knit and Sew
- Many Meals of Camarillo
- Museum of Ventura County
- National Day of Service – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Operation Gratitude
- Project Understanding
- Special Olympics of Ventura County
- Tray Favors
- Ventura County Children’s Services Auxiliary
- Ventura Land Trust
- President: Amber Iwasiuk McCalister
- President Elect: Carly Simpson
- Secretary: Jennifer Matheson
- Treasurer: Amanda Martinez
- Parliamentarian: Christine Renshaw
- Vice President Communications: Christina Hofer
- Vice President Membership: Tara Matheson
- Vice President Philanthropy: Maria Godinez
- Vice President Provisionals: Crystal Kallik
- Vice President Ticktockers: Erin Kraus
- Sustainer Liaison: Kim Gray
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Joie Mobley
Our Patronesses and Ticktockers hold individual jobs within the Ventura Chapter each year, and they actively participate as leaders in the operational success of our chapter.