About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Virginia Bluebell Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in Centreville, Clifton, Chantilly and the surrounding areas. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Virginia Bluebell aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Best Buddies
- Community of Faith – UMC Food Pantry
- Fairfax County Park Authority
- Food for Others
- Gardens at Fair Oaks
- GRACE – Greater Reston Arts Center
- Habitat For Humanity – RESTORE
- Herndon Senior Center
- Honor Flight
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Lost Dog & Cat Rescue Foundation
- Northern Virginia Therapeutic Riding Program
- Operation Gratitude
- Random Acts of Kindness
- Serve Our Willing Warriors
- Sleep Tight Initiative
- Special Olympics Virginia
- Sweet Julia Grace Foundation
- The Gardens at Fair Oaks
- The Kindness Campaign
- The Nature Program at Cub Run RECenter
- Women Giving Back
- Workhouse Arts Center
- Wreaths Across America
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Ingrid Singer
- President Elect: Kim Darwaza
- Secretary: Caryn Mercadante
- Treasurer: Kimberly Yates
- Parliamentarian: Maria Grossman
- Vice President Communications: Jamey Chianetta
- Vice President Membership: Rebecca Sobel
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Carson Kaiser
- Vice President Philanthropy: Ursula Morice
- Vice President Provisionals: Cheryl Cass
- Vice President Ticktockers: Karen Artone
- Sustainer Liaison: Sheryl Jones
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.