About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Virginia Orchard Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Loudoun County. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Virginia Orchard aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- COVID-Women Giving Back
- Our Military Kids (Stacey Blundell)
- Philanthropy – American Heart Association
- Philanthropy – Ashburn Fire Department (Melissa Bell)
- Philanthropy – Ashby Ponds (Chrissy Koeneke)
- Philanthropy – Dulles South Neighborhood Closet (Christina Bartz)
- Philanthropy – Generosity Feeds (Jill Rogan)
- Philanthropy – HART (Homeless Animals Rescue Team) (Jenny Greenfield)
- Philanthropy – Honor Flight Letter Writing (Karen Laughton)
- Philanthropy – IAD Honor Flight (Meredith Kane)
- Philanthropy – JK Community Farm (Mona Czeszewski)
- Philanthropy – Legacy Farms (Amie Erickson)
- Philanthropy – Loudoun County Fire Department
- Philanthropy – Memorial Day Flowers Foundation (Rachel De Luise)
- Philanthropy – Mobile Hope (Mary Brisson)
- Philanthropy – Operation Homefront (Lisa Harvey)
- Philanthropy – Our Military Kids (Stacey Blundell)
- Philanthropy – Special Olympics (Cynthia Miller)
- Philanthropy – Spookstock (Felicia Brennan)
- Philanthropy – Sprout Therapeutic Riding Center (Alison Pistolesi)
- Philanthropy – TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors)-Allison Ward
- Philanthropy – The Kindness Campaign (Christine Kerr)
- Philanthropy – Treasure Hound (Inci Gilliat)
- Philanthropy – Women Giving Back (Melody Meehan)
- Philanthropy – Wreaths Across America (Kristi Guadognoli and Kristin Stewart))
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.