About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Vista Irvine Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the City of Irvine Area or have a Ticktocker daughter that attends an Irvine school. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Vista Irvine aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
NCL, Inc. Vista Irvine Chapter
Vista Irvine was founded in 1998 to serve the Irvine and surrounding communities. Since its inception, our Chapter has attracted welcoming, dynamic, committed Mothers and Daughters. We offer a unique NCL Experience by focusing our service efforts on a variety of local philanthropies and by providing unique Ticktocker leadership opportunities
- Mothers and daughters residing in Irvine and surrounding areas may request membership the year before daughters enter 7th grade through 10th grade
- Membership applications may be submitted starting October 1st and are due by January 15th
- Members serve a minimum number of community service hours each year, the minimum for most is 25 hours and less for daughters when they are in 11th – 12th grade.
- There are annual dues and assessments which cover chapter operational expenses and special events. However, there are no fundraising obligations for Vista Irvine chapter members.
ABOUT OUR PATRONESSES
Our Patronesses represent the diversity found in the Irvine and surrounding communities. They are skilled volunteers and working professionals who are united in their desire to bond with their Daughters and launch them as independent, engaged women capable of making a difference in their families and their communities. Each Patroness serves both the Chapter and her Daughter’s Ticktocker Class. The NCL Experience provides leadership development and social opportunities for Mothers as well as Daughters.
ABOUT OUR TICKTOCKERS
All Ticktocker classes follow the 6-year NCL Experience plan, ensuring participation each year in service, leadership, cultural and education programs. This programming, in addition to regular monthly meetings, provide opportunities for classes to connect and bond. A highlight of their time together is their Junior year Fashion Show, an event that is also eagerly anticipated by the younger Ticktocker classes, who glimpse their future and the excitement that awaits them. Our Ticktockers’ NCL Experience culminates at Senior Presents, a time-honored NCL tradition that celebrates their accomplishments and the fine young women they have become.
Our Chapter made NCL history when we established the Ticktocker Chair opportunities that enable select young women to plan and lead four of our Chapters largest philanthropy efforts for the year. Ticktockers chair our Families Forward Food Drive, UCI Childlife Sewing Bee, UCI Childlife Holiday Party, and our participation at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
Additionally, our Ticktocker Council convenes Ticktocker representatives from each class. They plan an annual all-class Ticktocker event and represent the Ticktocker perspective to our Board of Directors when requested.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Submit Membership inquiry form HERE
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Caterina’s Club
- Families Forward
- Irvine Senior Services, Lakeview, Rancho and Trabuco
- Jessie Rees Foundation
- UCI Child Life
National Charity League – Vista Irvine Chapter offers and easy, organized way for mothers and daughters to volunteer together.
- 18 philanthropy partners including Ronald McDonald House, Susan G Komen, March of Dimes, Blind Children’s Learning Center, Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation.
- Flexible volunteer opportunities that fit busy schedules. We offer at-home volunteering as well as on-site – all listed in our easy to use mobile app.
- President: Erin Stottlemyer
- President Elect: Tracey Hill
- Secretary: Jan Schinhofen
- Treasurer: Ann Visan
- Parliamentarian: Diane Newton
- Vice President Communications: Camille Arca
- Vice President Membership: Nicola Washida
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Jill Perez
- Vice President Philanthropy: Nicole Smith
- Vice President Ticktockers: Allison Molnar
- Sustainer Liaison: Patricia Ong
We create strong, confident leaders – Our girls leave NCL with impressive resume credentials for high school, college and beyond.
- A nationally-approved, six-year curriculum offers cultural experiences and teachers girls real-life skills such as parliamentary procedure, Robert’s Rules of Order, event planning, team building, and time management.
- Our members include National Merit Scholars and nationally-recognized athletes.
- Colleges that our graduates have gone on to attend include Princeton, Cornell, Columbia, NYU, University of Michigan, Berkeley, UCLA, USC, Georgia Tech, UCSB, UCSD, BYU
- Members are eligible to earn the nationally-recognized Presidential Service Award.
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives. We celebrate our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future. Activities of our Chapter include:
Mother Daughter Tea
Junior Class Fashion Show
Senior Class Recognition
Grade level cultural experiences