About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Wellesley Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in zip codes 02481 or 02482 Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Wellesley aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Wellesley chapter was founded by Cheryl Lamee, a Wellesley resident who had previously been a member of an NCL chapter in Texas. Her initial email asking friends to join her in founding an NCL chapter in Wellesley has led to our current membership of over 325 moms and daughters.
Our chapter works with up to 26 local philanthropies, contributing almost 4,000 hours of community service and philanthropic work per year. This considerable charitable effort instills compassion and civic responsibility in our young women.
Leadership development is also among our top objectives with meetings conducted to both teach and well as to accomplish. Lastly, the NCL experience requires each ticktocker class to attend a cultural event each year to bring greater awareness to the arts.
Our work is rewarding, and is especially prized as in these years we are able to continue to foster mother-daughter relationships and build a memory of lasting importance.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Our Mailing Address is:
NCL Inc., Wellesley Chapter
PO Box 81061
Wellesley, MA 02481
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Boston Community Pediatrics
- Cradles to Crayons of Boston Massachusetts
- Disaster Response
- National Day of Service – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Operation Gratitude
- Unity Farm Sanctuary
We work with over 25 area philantrophies – this is only a partial listing of the service we do!
- President: Elizabeth Svedlund
- President Elect: Deb Cloaninger
- Secretary: Tarah Hirschey
- Treasurer: Helen Hwang
- Parliamentarian: Veronica Bacon
- Vice President Communications: Kerrie Grover
- Vice President Membership: Susan Zimmer
- Vice President Philanthropy: Carrie Reepmeyer
- Vice President Provisionals: Julia Woodward
- Vice President Ticktockers: Carrie Brown
Caroline Del Col
- Sustainer Liaison: Cecilia Brooks
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Lisa Collins
Vice President Technology:
Members have opportunities to engage in a variety of experiences that build valuable skills such as confidence, consensus and team building, parliamentary procedure and event planning. Each Ticktocker class annually rotates Officer and Committee positions so that members learn the various responsibilities involved in leading their own grade level meetings and activities. Chapter Mother/Daughter meetings provide opportunities to learn from guest speakers on topics such as effective self-presentation and confident communications. Ticktockers also learn from each other through experience sharing activities such as our Senior class mentoring of our younger Ticktockers.
Ticktocker Officer and Committee roles include:
- Vice President – Philanthropy
- Vice President – Programs
- Recording Secretary
- Corresponding Secretary/Historian
- Council Representative
The Wellesley Chapter’s cultural goal is to create an environment that nurtures a positive identity by recognizing and appreciating the value of differences in each other and the world. We are all interested in different things, we are all good at different things.
Activities of our Chapter include:
- Advanced driver training
- High school musicals
- Cooking classes
- Self-defense classes
- Ballet/dance performances
- Art museum tours
- Acapella concerts
- Speakers from the philanthropies we support