About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Wellesley Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in zip codes 02481 or 02482 Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Wellesley aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Wellesley chapter was founded by Cheryl Lamee, a Wellesley resident who had previously been a member of an NCL chapter in Texas. Her initial email asking friends to join her in founding an NCL chapter in Wellesley has led to our current membership of over 325 moms and daughters.
Our chapter works with up to 26 local philanthropies, contributing almost 4,000 hours of community service and philanthropic work per year. This considerable charitable effort instills compassion and civic responsibility in our young women.
Leadership development is also among our top objectives with meetings conducted to both teach and well as to accomplish. Lastly, the NCL experience requires each ticktocker class to attend a cultural event each year to bring greater awareness to the arts.
Our work is rewarding, and is especially prized as in these years we are able to continue to foster mother-daughter relationships and build a memory of lasting importance.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Our Mailing Address is:
NCL Inc., Wellesley Chapter
PO Box 81061
Wellesley, MA 02481
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Cancer Society of Boston MA
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- American Red Cross Food Pantry of Massachusetts
- BINA Farm
- Birthday Wishes of Greater Boston MA
- Boston Community Pediatrics
- Charles River Watershed Association
- Cradles to Crayons of Boston Massachusetts
- Disaster Response
- Epiphany School of Boston MA
- Family Promise Metrowest
- Gaining Ground
- Heading Home
- Hope and Comfort
- Newton Wellesley Charitable Organization
- Operation Gratitude
- Project Linus
- Special Olympics
- Susan Curry Community Center/Theroch Tenant Association
- The Jimmy Fund
- The Julie Fund for Women’s Cancers
- The Kindness Campaign
- Unity Farm Sanctuary
- Wellesley Food Pantry
- Wellesley Friendly Aid
- Women’s Lunch Place
We work with over 25 area philanthropies – this is only a partial listing of the service we do!
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Elizabeth Svedlund
- President Elect: Deb Cloaninger
- Secretary: Tarah Hirschey
- Treasurer: Helen Hwang
- Parliamentarian: Veronica Bacon
- Vice President Communications: Kerrie Grover
- Vice President Membership: Susan Zimmer
- Vice President Philanthropy: Carrie Reepmeyer
- Vice President Provisionals: Julia Woodward
- Vice President Ticktockers: Carrie Brown
Caroline Del Col
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Lisa Collins
Vice President Technology:
Members have opportunities to engage in a variety of experiences that build valuable skills such as confidence, consensus and team building, parliamentary procedure and event planning. Each Ticktocker class annually rotates Officer and Committee positions so that members learn the various responsibilities involved in leading their own grade level meetings and activities. Chapter Mother/Daughter meetings provide opportunities to learn from guest speakers on topics such as effective self-presentation and confident communications. Ticktockers also learn from each other through experience sharing activities such as our Senior class mentoring of our younger Ticktockers.
Ticktocker Officer and Committee roles include:
- Vice President – Philanthropy
- Vice President – Programs
- Recording Secretary
- Corresponding Secretary/Historian
- Council Representative
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
The Wellesley Chapter’s cultural goal is to create an environment that nurtures a positive identity by recognizing and appreciating the value of differences in each other and the world. We are all interested in different things, we are all good at different things.
Activities of our Chapter include:
- Advanced driver training
- High school musicals
- Cooking classes
- Self-defense classes
- Ballet/dance performances
- Art museum tours
- Acapella concerts
- Speakers from the philanthropies we support