About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., West Lakes Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the West Lakes area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, West Lakes aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
OUR CHAPTER HISTORY
National Charity League, Inc. currently has a presence in 23 states across the country. The West Lakes Chapter is proud to be the 175th Chapter formed and the first in Minnesota! Our Patroness and Ticktocker members have volunteered over 25,000 hours with our philanthropy partners since founding September 2012. Our members focus on fulfilling the NCL Experience–a 6 year plan focusing on the Philanthropic, Cultural and Leadership pillars of the organization.
The West Lakes Chapter currently has seventeen philanthropy partners in our community; these partnerships will grow in number along with the Chapter. We have chosen to partner with organizations that address genuine needs in the community and offer a variety of ways for our membership to volunteer.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Prospective members need to be sponsored by a current member of the National Charity League, Inc. (NCL) Chapter they wish to join.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- American Heart Association
- Urban Strategies
- President: Kelly Hopper
- President Elect: Lynnette Black
- Secretary: Megan Blackwood
- Treasurer: Stephanie Heiberg
- Parliamentarian: Laurel Famigletti
- Vice President Communications: Tamara Wenning
- Vice President Membership: Tina Richter
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Linda Bendt
- Vice President Philanthropy: Tara Wander
- Vice President Provisionals: Juliana Allen
- Vice President Ticktockers: Jen Stephens
- Sustainer Liaison: Carol Gschwendtner
Activities of our Chapter
Activities of our Chapter include grade level focus areas such as:
* High school preparedness
* Time management
* Interpersonal relationships
* College/career; choices/applications/interview skills
* Independent living skills
We also encourage mentoring: mothers and daughters and also girls mentoring other girls.
Activities of our Chapter include:
Annual Chapter Tea
Provisional Mock Tea and Tea Training
Grade Level Cultural Events focused on:
7th grade: theater
8th grade: museum
9th grade: ballet/dance
10th grade: symphony/opera
11th grade: ethnic experience
12th grade: cultural choice