About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Whittier Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Whittier, Hacienda Heights, La Habra, La Habra Heights, and La Mirada. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Whittier aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Bailey House
- Boys and Girls Club – La Habra
- East Whittier City School District
- Interfaith Food Center
- La Habra Branch – Orange County Library
- La Habra Community Center/Parks and Recreation
- Meals on Wheels of Whittier
- PIH Health Volunteer Support Program
- Special Olympics
- The Children’s Museum at La Habra
- Whittier Museum and Historical Society
- Whittier Parks and Recreation
- Whittier Public Library Central – Uptown Location
- Whittier Regional Symphony
- Whittier Salvation Army
- Women & Children’s Crisis Shelter
- Workman & Temple Family Homestead Museum
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Luci Gutierrez
- President Elect: Brenda Lopez-Sanchez
- Secretary: Yolanda DiConti
- Treasurer: Ana Gonzalez
- Parliamentarian: Olivia Rosales
- Vice President Communications: Nicole Mooshagian
- Vice President Membership: Lorena Sierra-Padilla
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Monica Villegas
- Vice President Philanthropy: Megan Carter
- Vice President Ticktockers: Angel Morgan
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.