About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Whittier Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Whittier, Hacienda Heights, La Habra, La Habra Heights, and La Mirada. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Whittier aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Our Chapter has received the White Rose Chapter Award for the 2020-2021 year. We have completed our annual requirements, and went above and beyond for our community.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Disaster Response
- American Heart Association
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Operation Gratitude
- Chapter League Hours
- American Red Cross
- National Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Bailey House
- Workman & Temple Family Homestead Museum
- Boys and Girls Club – La Habra
- Interfaith Food Center
- La Habra Branch – Orange County Library
- The Children’s Museum at La Habra
- La Habra Meals on Wheels
- Meals on Wheels of Whittier
- PIH Health Volunteer Support Program
- Whittier Regional Symphony
- Whittier Museum and Historical Society
- Whittier Parks and Recreation
- Whittier Public Library Central – Uptown Location
- Whittier Public Library Whittier Branch
- Whittier Salvation Army
- Women & Children’s Crisis Shelter
- Annual Mother Daughter Philanthropy Event
- Flamingo Flocking
- La Habra Heights Avocado Festival
- Relay for Life
- Scholarship Program
- Whittier Chapter Benefit
- Special Olympics
- 2020 Projects
- East Whittier City School District
- Summer Outreach
- The Kindness Campaign
- La Habra Community Center
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Ana Gonzalez
- President Elect: Lorena Sierra-Padilla
- Secretary: Kathryn Araiza
- Treasurer: Linda Davidson
- Parliamentarian: Ofelia Vargas
- Vice President Communications: Shana Hernandez
- Vice President Membership: Linda Eazor
- Vice President Philanthropy: Andrea Barney
- Vice President Provisionals: Jessica Merrell
- Vice President Ticktockers: Lorena Gomez
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
Wish Upon A Star Benefit