About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Whittier Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Whittier, Hacienda Heights, La Habra, La Habra Heights, and La Mirada. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Whittier aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Our Chapter has received the White Rose Chapter Award for the 2020-2021 year. We have completed our annual requirements, and went above and beyond for our community.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Our membership drive is currently open and will close on March 1, 2024. Please fill out the membership inquiry form and complete your application!
Please contact us for more information regarding our Chapter:
National Charity League, Inc. – Whittier Chapter
General Chapter Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Bailey House
- Boys and Girls Club – La Habra
- Boys and Girls Club – Whittier
- Disaster Response
- Interfaith Food Center
- La Habra Children’s Museum
- La Habra Community Center – Senior Lunch Program
- Library Whittier Central
- Library, La Habra
- Library, Whittier Whittwood
- Meals on Wheels, La Habra
- Meals on Wheels, Whittier
- National Day of Service – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – January 15, 2024
- Operation Gratitude
- Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure
- The Kindness Campaign
- Whittier Chapter Benefit
- Whittier Museum and Historical Society
- Whittier Parks and Recreation
- Whittier Regional Symphony
- Whittier Salvation Army
- Women & Children’s Crisis Shelter
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Lorena Sierra-Padilla
- President Elect: Cecilia Camacho
- Secretary: Isela Lomeli
- Treasurer: Malisa Ceballos
- Parliamentarian: Ofelia Vargas
- Vice President Communications: Anita Bello
- Vice President Membership: Danielle Galvan
- Vice President Philanthropy: Andrea Barney
- Vice President Ticktockers: Lorena Gomez
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Aracely Castillo
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.