About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Willow Rose Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall attend school in San Jose or reside in the following zip codes: 95110, 95111, 95112, 95116, 95117, 95121, 95122, 95124, 95125, 95126, 95127, 95128, 95129, 95130, 95131, 95132, 95133, 95134, 95135, 95138, or 95148. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Willow Rose aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Willow Rose Chapter has received the Blue Rose Chapter Award for the 2020-2021 year. This recognition is based on completing annual requirements, participating in #GivingTuesday, partaking in the national philanthropy program, and holding a Sustainer Event.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- City of San Jose Parks and Recreation and Neighborhood Services
- Disaster Response
- Guadalupe River Park Conservancy
- History San Jose
- JW House
- LifeMoves (formerly InnVision)
- Montalvo Arts
- Operation Gratitude
- Princess Project
- Project Linus
- Sacred Heart Community Services
- San Jose Women’s Club
- Save Our Shores
- Via Services
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Michelle Maynard
- President Elect: Kari Briski
- Secretary: Mira Karp
- Treasurer: Darci Hawkins
- Parliamentarian: Cindy Asuncion
- Vice President Communications: Nikki Lavin
- Vice President Membership: Ana Hu
- Vice President Philanthropy: Melissa Denena
- Vice President Ticktockers: Jill Korbel
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Jamie Shaheen
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.