About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Yellow Rose Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the attendance zones of Cypress Creek High School, Cypress Fairbanks High School, Cypress Falls High School, Cypress Woods High School and Jersey Village High School. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Yellow Rose aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The NCL, Inc., Yellow Rose Chapter was formed in Cypress, Texas, in 1994. After spending two years organizing the Chapter and establishing the governing documents, Yellow Rose was chartered in 1996. Many of the Chapter events and time-honored traditions that were established by our founding leaders over 25 years ago are still enjoyed by members today.
The Yellow Rose Chapter of NCL remains a cornerstone in the Cypress community and is known for its dedication, charitable work and the leadership of its members.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Members have opportunities to engage in experiences that build essential skills, such as confidence, consensus and team building, event planning, conflict resolution, and parliamentary procedure.
Activities of the Yellow Rose Chapter include:
- Officer and leadership positions
- A six-year core program which includes the following elements:
- High school preparedness
- Time management
- Interpersonal relationships
- College/Career: choices/applications/interview skills
- Independent living skills
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Abandoned Animal Rescue (AAR)
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Disaster Response
- Kids Meals
- National Day of Service – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Operation Gratitude
- Park Manor CyFair Nursing Home
- The Medical Resort at Willowbrook
Yellow Rose Chapter members contribute over 10,000 volunteer hours annually, and our Chapter has been the recipient of various community awards including:
- 2011 Boys & Girls Country Friend of Children Award (Civic Group/Club)
- 2014 Boys & Girls Country Friend of Children Award (Civic Group/Club)
- 2014 Operation Interdependence recognized Lynn Lavan (Yellow Rose Liaison) for outstanding contributions supporting deployed U.S. soldiers and building a stronger community in NW Houston
- President: Stephanie Davis
- President Elect: Melanie Landrum
- Secretary: Sheryl Gibbs
- Treasurer: Anne Mouton
- Parliamentarian: Belen Luper
- Vice President Communications: Chelsea Humphreys
- Vice President Membership: Leah Blume
- Vice President Philanthropy: Clare van Dyk
- Vice President Provisionals: Christa Taake
- Vice President Ticktockers: Elaina Garcia
- Sustainer Liaison: Rachele Black
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Carrie Morrison
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives. We celebrate our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future. Activities of our Chapter include visits to theatrical performances, art museums, as well as other local activities.