About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Yorba Linda Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Yorba Linda â Placentia Unified School District. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Yorba Linda aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Yorba Linda Chapter was founded in 1990-1991 by our first President, Kathleen Rucker. The Yorba Linda Chapter is proud to have 30 years of mothers and daughters working together focusing on the Philanthropic, Cultural, and Leadership pillars of the organization.
Connect with us. Follow our chapter on Social Media!
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A prospective member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD NCL MEMBER
- Makes membership in NCL a priority for herself and her daughter(s).
- Is able and willing to be a role model for all members.
- Is willing and able to actively participate in the operation and/or administration of her Chapter by holding leadership positions each year
- Understands the importance of all three pillars of NCL
- Understands and is willing to commit to the specific meeting attendance, job/committee, philanthropic and league obligations of the Chapter.
- Understands and is willing to meet the financial obligations associated with NCL membership.
- Understands that by virtue of being a member of a local Chapter, she is affiliated with a National organization which requires adherence to National standards and policies and its core values.
Thank you again for your interest in our NCL, Inc., Yorba Linda Chapter. We look forward to connecting with you!
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
Some of the philanthropies we work with are:
- American Cancer Society of Orange County
- Crittenton Services for Children and Families
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Orange County
- Grandma’s House Of Hope
- Higher Ground
- HIS House
- Lot 318
- Meals on Wheels (MOW) Yorba Linda
- Operation Valentine
- RAD Camp, Inc.
- Ronald McDonald House of Orange County
- Seneca Orange County
- Support for Troops
- Tails That Teach
- With Hope Foundation
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Amy Greer
- President Elect: Christina Baroldi
- Secretary: Debbie Ortiz
- Treasurer: Cindy Flanagan
- Parliamentarian: Sonoma DeMato
- Vice President Communications: April Aymami
- Vice President Membership: Claudia Wedel
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Michelle Morales
- Vice President Philanthropy: Alyse Huff
- Vice President Provisionals: Amee Patel
- Vice President Ticktockers: Kelle Simonian
Opportunity to develop leadership skills are available each year for mothers and daughters together as well. Both mothers and daughters build leadership skills through class event planning, preparation and hosting.
The Ticktocker NCL Experience (six year leadership plan) includes:
- 7th grade: Welcome to NCL
- Positive Peer Pressure
- Internet Safety
- 8th grade : Preparing for High School
- Communication Skills
- High School Courses and Activities
- Posture and Body Language
- Personal Safety
- 9th grade : Taking Charge of you Life
- Telephone Skills
- Time Management
- Dating/Peer Pressure
- Organizational Skills
- 10th grade: Preparing for the Real World
- Dining Etiquette
- Auto Safety
- Positive Dating Relationships
- Time Management
- 11th grade: Planning for College and Career
- Job Interviews
- College/Career Preparation
- Modeling Techniques
- 12th grade: Looking at Life after High School
- Public Speaking
- Handling Stress
- Money Mangement
- College Life
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.
We celebrate our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future. Activities of our Chapter include:
7th Grade: Dance, Ballet, Puppetry or Mime
8th Grade: Art Show or Museum
9th Grade: Musical Concert: Choral or Instrumental
10th Grade: Light Opera or Musical Theatre
11th Grade: Legitimate Theatre
12th Grade: Choice of previous art forms
25th Annual Fashion Show – POSTPONED
Yorba Linda Chapter’s 25th Annual Fashion Show “Hope Grows Here” is POSTPONED.
This event is presented by NCL, Inc. Yorba Linda Chapter and will feature our Junior Class of 2021. Ticket information and purchases can be found HERE!
Have a business in Yorba Linda or want to market to Yorba Linda families? Please consider a Sponsorship Opportunity at our 25th Annual Fashion Show “Hope Grows Here” and reach over 500 attendees while giving back to local charities. We are looking for Fashion Show Sponsors and Underwriters. Please review the Sponsorship Form or contact Lucy Salvado at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Click here for our sponsorship form.
If you are unable to Sponsor the 25th Annual Fashion Show, please consider donating an auction prize. Click here for our donation letter and form.